• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I moved here from Missouri about 3 months ago and applied for my LTCH today online. I have an Indiana driver's license and I still have a valid CCW from Missouri. Indiana honors Missouri's CCW permits, but I'm not sure if I would also need a MO driver's license for that to be the case.

My question is this:

Can I legally carry a concealed pistol until I get my LTCH from Indiana?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you now have your IN driver's license, you can't legally carry with a MO CCW here. I'm not sure which other states' would be acceptable (FL or UT maybe) - even then, that's not relevant to your question.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My first instinct would be "no". If you are now a legal resident of Indiana (Indiana Drivers License), your Missouri license is NOT valid anymore.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    That is what I figured. I guess I'll continue walking around unarmed until I get my LTCH :(

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hang in there, bud. Hopefully it wont take too long to get into your mailbox.

I'm for constitutional carry, myself. But I play their stupid game anyways. Welcome to Indiana.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Hang in there, bud. Hopefully it wont take too long to get into your mailbox.

I'm for constitutional carry, myself. But I play their stupid game anyways. Welcome to Indiana.

On the bright side Indiana is way easier to get a license than Missouri. What is the current wait time? 10 weeks or so?

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Did you do the electronic fingerprint?

Yep my appointment is next Saturday. I just read the LTCH wait time thread. I might start drafting a letter to my new state reps and senators for when the 60 days comes and goes...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I know people that are getting their LTCHs in less then two week now. I also know people that have applied in March and still have not got theirs.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I know people that are getting their LTCHs in less then two week now. I also know people that have applied in March and still have not got theirs.

I think the +/- 2 week wait has been primarily on the lifetime vs. the 4 year license. At least, that has been my observation.
    OP, hopefully you applied for a lifetime license (you will be thankful you did).

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I think the +/- 2 week wait has been primarily on the lifetime vs. the 4 year license. At least, that has been my observation.
    OP, hopefully you applied for a lifetime license (you will be thankful you did).

Unfortunately I did the 4 year, is it too late to change to a lifetime?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The no's have it.
    Should have asked us first regarding the lifetime vs 4 yr decision.
    Good news is the wait times are back to normal from what I can tell (since the last panic).
    I'd guess you'll have it a few weeks after you submit all your stuff.
    Welcome to Indiana!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i know a guy who had to wait a whole 6 days for his lifetime, and that was 3 weeks ago! so looks like wait times are back to normal

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    i know a guy who had to wait a whole 6 days for his lifetime, and that was 3 weeks ago! so looks like wait times are back to normal

No kidding? Fresh CCW, not renewing a 4 year one?

This makes me feel good. I just moved to a new house, waiting to get a bill in the mail so I can show it to the BMV as proof of a new address, then I can get a new drivers license.... then I can go through the process of getting my LTCH. Hoping mine is as quick as a turn around as well!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    No kidding? Fresh CCW, not renewing a 4 year one?

This makes me feel good. I just moved to a new house, waiting to get a bill in the mail so I can show it to the BMV as proof of a new address, then I can get a new drivers license.... then I can go through the process of getting my LTCH. Hoping mine is as quick as a turn around as well!

yep first timer, never had a ltch before

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Long guns are legal to vehicle carry in Indiana. While not easier than a CCW, you won't really be unarmed with a 12 ga pump shotgun! Don't remove the buttstock till your LTCH arrives.

Top Bottom