• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    there is NO Fee for the change of address, only a $20 fee IF you want a NEW license at the NEW address :)

Ah, you're right. I misread that document. Here's what I glossed over:
    If you want a license issued with the changes on it, then yes, the $20 fee for the duplicate license does apply.

So, just don't get the license re-issued with the changes, and you're set.

Thanks for the clarification!

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Same County, different residence, what to do?

I'm moving from an apartment to a house (remodeling, don't live there yet.) Can I jump through the hoops to get my Lifetime, and have it mailed to a UPS, USPS, or FedEx box? Having it sent to either domicile is out of the question, security-wise. EBG

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I payed the state fee and fingerprinting cost online. I think you can also pay those fees when you go get fingerprinted too.
    Still had to go to the local PD to pay the local fee.
    I Used L1 for my LTCH and it took exactly 1 week from the time I paid the local fee to get it in the mail.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I payed the state fee and fingerprinting cost online. I think you can also pay those fees when you go get fingerprinted too.
    Still had to go to the local PD to pay the local fee.
    I Used L1 for my LTCH and it took exactly 1 week from the time I paid the local fee to get it in the mail.

so when i fill out my l1 it will ask me if i want to pay online? when should i go pay the local pd? or do they call me and let me know to come down?

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    so i applied for my handgun license and then selected to have the L1 process it. i set up my appointment time. i paid the fee online also. so what should i expect from here? i just want to make sure all this gets done correctly the first time.

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    so i applied for my handgun license and then selected to have the L1 process it. i set up my appointment time. i paid the fee online also. so what should i expect from here? i just want to make sure all this gets done correctly the first time.

Just need to go get finger printed then go to your local PD and pay the local fee. I also took in the paper they gave me from the place I was finger printed but not sure if I needed to or not. Every part of the process seemed to be computerized. Was a very easy pain free process considering.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Just need to go get finger printed then go to your local PD and pay the local fee. I also took in the paper they gave me from the place I was finger printed but not sure if I needed to or not. Every part of the process seemed to be computerized. Was a very easy pain free process considering.

thanks man! how long does it take to get your license?

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Took exactly one week for me from the time I paid the local fee.
    Varies a little assuming there is no problems with background check.
    Average seems to be around a week or less if you go L1 but don't panic if it takes a little longer.

freehuman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can I still do the L1 and have a different address from what's on my ID?

Yes. My driver's license has a different address than the one on my LTCH. When I went to L-1 and to Indianapolis City County Building I told them and both said... "doesn't matter".

Also, makes me wonder about this address they ask for on the application... are they asking for the address where I usually sleep at night or the address where I store my guns or the address where I am registered to vote?

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Took exactly one week for me from the time I paid the local fee.
    Varies a little assuming there is no problems with background check.
    Average seems to be around a week or less if you go L1 but don't panic if it takes a little longer.

do i still have to pay the state fee or was that included with the application and l1 fee?

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    this is what i paid. how much is the local fee for the police department?

Local fee is $50
    Might want to call or check your local PD website to see what form of payment they accept. It seems to vary what different departments take as payment.

Last edited:

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    thanks for the help everyone! my appointment to get finger printed is tuesday! ill let everyone know how it goes!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    How long does it take to get your ltch if you do the l1. I'll be moving in 2 months so I don't want to apply and then have some circumstance happen to where They think I'm lying or something. Also do they send the license to you in the mail or do you pick it up?

To give you an idea of how long it takes, when I applied for my LTCH I used L1 and it took 8 days. I came on here and people had been waiting 5+ months.

Top Bottom