• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    back in Sep. of 09 my fiance & i both went a got our LTCH, lifetime, we recieved themfairly quickly. before we got married i decided to change my last name back to my birth name, all i did was add my birth name to the end of my adopted name, but ultimatly that changed my last name. I did this thru the court system so its all done legally & proper.
    After we were married we both went to the sheriffs office to get the name or address change form to send to the ISP. It gives you the option to just inform the ISP of the name change without getting a new pink slip & that saves you some $$$$$$. We decided to just inform the ISP via the provided form of our name change without getting a new pink card.
    My question is,will this complicate the situation if an LEO was to ask for my LTCH & ID, & see that the last name on the LTCH is now the middle name on my ID?? although we submitted the propper forms, ive often wondered if this would cause me problems?
    maybe some of the LEOs could give me thier advise on this subject.
    Any info would be helpfull
    thanks Samot

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I've often wondered the same thing about a simple address change. You aren't required to request a new card, just report the change. I'm as stumped as you.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No-I wouldn't see that as a complication. It is a hyphenated last name. Easy enough to compare to your IN driver's license. Now if you changed your last name to something completely different...that is where the complication would come in. IMHO I think you will be just fine.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've often wondered the same thing about a simple address change. You aren't required to request a new card, just report the change. I'm as stumped as you.
    Address change? What is that ;). I'm impressed when a person's current address is on their driver's license and registration. Usually there will be one address on the DL, one on the registration, and they live at a third address. I do not think I've ever looked at the address on someones LTCH. Heck, I can hardly remember when I even looked at a LTCH.

Top Bottom