• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    Just an FYI for anyone that might be traveling to Lucas Oil Stadium soon, we came down tonight for the monster jam and I was concerned about whether or not I would be allowed in while carrying. I am aware that they have a policy against carrying firearms while on their property. However, I was not going to walk back to my truck in downtown indy after the event without a way to protect myself.

To my surprise, the security at the gates were not checking people in any manner. The didn't have wands, they weren't asking people to open their coats, and the weren't even looking in bags.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    NFL policy is no firearms. Lucas Oil has the same policy, but seeing what sport it is, they may realize that most people are rednecks and it would be pointless to have them all disarm.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I am aware that they have a policy against carrying firearms while on their property.....

This is not accurate. The facility itself (the ICC or LOS) does not have a policy that forbids firearms. It is the events which lease the space that may or may not have such a policy. A good example are the Colts. The ban on firearms is an NFL rule, not a LOS rule. Same with some of the trade shows which use the ICC. Gen Con, the largest trade show that comes to Indy each year, expressly forbids firearms on the property that they have leased. However, the majority of events in both the ICC and LOS have no expressed policy on firearms. In those instances, you may carry without violating anyone's rules.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    This is not accurate. The facility itself (the ICC or LOS) does not have a policy that forbids firearms. It is the events which lease the space that may or may not have such a policy. A good example are the Colts. The ban on firearms is an NFL rule, not a LOS rule. Same with some of the trade shows which use the ICC. Gen Con, the largest trade show that comes to Indy each year, expressly forbids firearms on the property that they have leased. However, the majority of events in both the ICC and LOS have no expressed policy on firearms. In those instances, you may carry without violating anyone's rules.

Not to say you're a liar, but LOS does indeed have that policy.

Visitors | FAQs | Lucas Oil Stadium
    What items are permitted into Lucas Oil Stadium? May I bring an umbrella into Lucas Oil Stadium?
    Yes, umbrellas are allowed into the building. However, for the protection of our fans, the following items are not permitted in Lucas Oil Stadium and cannot be stored by Lucas Oil Stadium personnel:

• Weapons or fireworks;
    • Any object that can be used as a missile;
    • Poles/sticks of any kind;
    • Containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs);
    • Food not dispensed by Lucas Oil Stadium concessionaire;
    • Objects that obstruct another guest’s view of the playing surface;
    • Horns, whistles, boom boxes and/or other noisemakers;
    • Animals (except assistive animals for guests with disabilities);
    • Anything that creates a nuisance or disruption.
    Patrons are subject to visual inspection of person, parcels, bags, containers and/or clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections, however management reserves the right to refuse entry.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    They announce over the PA no weapons, with the exception of Colts games I have never Seen the wand. Bankers Life has always made me raise my jacket. So if going there just conceal a little deeper.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I'll help educate one more time and then I'm done in this thread. I am a contractor for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center. Neither facility has a policy that forbids guns. Such policy is at the sole discretion of the entity that is leasing the facility. Stop, let all of that sink in, try to understand it, and then, if you must, respond. Thanks.

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for your education. We're all much better off now that you've attempted to talk down to us.

let this sink in, Every time I have been there they have specifically said. NO weapons. I don't give a damn whose policy it is. If I'm there and they so no weapons, we as the consumer at to assume they mean no weapons.

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    You are quoting the info they provide for "fans" at an NFL game. Please refrain from contradicting me unless you have done the necessary due diligence to offer something accurate. Lucas Oil Stadium has no such policy. Thanks.

Wrong. That page has nothing to do with specific events, NFL or otherwise. It says no weapons. It is the official website for LOS.

bluegrassrules

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Heads up theu DO check at Deer Creek/Klipsch Music Center, found out the hard way this summer, stood in line for 30 min then had to run back to car.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'll help educate one more time and then I'm done in this thread. I am a contractor for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center. Neither facility has a policy that forbids guns. Such policy is at the sole discretion of the entity that is leasing the facility. Stop, let all of that sink in, try to understand it, and then, if you must, respond. Thanks.

Wow, You are the official information giver guy for LOS. Thanks for the gooder info. I let it sink in for a good long time and the LOS website is confusing me I guess.

From LOS website not NFL or POS or whatever.

What items are permitted into Lucas Oil Stadium? May I bring an umbrella into Lucas Oil Stadium?
    Yes, umbrellas are allowed into the building. However, for the protection of our fans, the following items are not permitted in Lucas Oil Stadium and cannot be stored by Lucas Oil Stadium personnel:

• Weapons or fireworks;
    • Any object that can be used as a missile;
    • Poles/sticks of any kind;
    • Containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs);
    • Food not dispensed by Lucas Oil Stadium concessionaire;
    • Objects that obstruct another guest’s view of the playing surface;
    • Horns, whistles, boom boxes and/or other noisemakers;
    • Animals (except assistive animals for guests with disabilities);
    • Anything that creates a nuisance or disruption.
    Patrons are subject to visual inspection of person, parcels, bags, containers and/or clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections, however management reserves the right to refuse entry.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You are quoting the info they provide for "fans" at an NFL game. Please refrain from contradicting me unless you have done the necessary due diligence to offer something accurate. Lucas Oil Stadium has no such policy. Thanks.

Let me explain this one more time since apparently you didn't understand the first time I posted that. The website that I linked and quoted was Lucas Oil Stadium's website. It had nothing to do with the NFL and nothing to do with any other attractions that rent LOS. If you're going to talk down to me and try to make me look like an idiot, make sure your info is correct and it doesn't backfire on you.

Kthxbai

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

You are so cool! Sooner or later, the mods will figure out your reason for being here. When they do, I hope I see the thread so I can say goodbye.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    It was a shame. After driving around looking for parking for a while, I saw so many LEO's, I wasn't worried -- left it in the car, only to find that they didn't even check anything. Still had my knife on me, but no issues.

LEO's everywhere. That's what I like to see. There was also a loud PA that kept blaring the rules, and weapons were one of the things that were not "officially" permitted.

Also, the quad wars was a joke -- tiny quads. I paid 40 bucks to watch this stuff, and Iron Man in C-ville is much better and only costs 15 bucks, with no parking charges at all.

The so-called freestyle dirt bike stuff was silly too. They can only jump if the ramp is EXACTLY the same distance from the landing zone every time? Really? Those had to be the smallest engines in Iron Man, and at least Iron Man has people doing real jumps, just in a race.

Top Bottom