Lucky to still have my Friend, and so many Fails here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Close friend is moving so he has his travel trailer packed with 20 years of his stuff temporarily stored in an old barn he is renting. Over the weekend he goes out to take more boxes out there etc. Doors are open he gets into the building to find his trailer has a meth head squatter in it. So instead of walking a way girlfriend calls 911 while he tells her to get his gun out of the car. Long story short he goes inside his trailer to confront Mr. Model citizen. Who is In the Kitchen area next thing he knows he has a steak knife in hand starting to charge him.

By know he shouts stop or I am going to ******* **** you! Meth head debates on continuing his charge then decides to dive out window and take off. My friend again makes the choice to go after him! Then fires a warning shot in the air which causes the guy to hit the ground and he remained there until local leo arrived.

He comes to find out this guy has been released from state lock up 3 days ago And now is back in custody facing a laundry list of charges.

While I am thankful he was unharmed I really feel like he needs to be debriefed. I am trying to figure out how to convey to him how fortunate he is and why he needs to take a serious look at the choices he made.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Please share. I do not want to beat up on him, but given the area he is moving to this may not end up being his first rodeo.

It is difficult to support "self defense", "stand your ground", or a "breach of curtilage" when you go chasing the thug.

Like I said though, he is a braver man than me. I would have feared for my life the moment an intruder came towards me with a knife in hand.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Please share. I do not want to beat up on him, but given the area he is moving to this may not end up being his first rodeo.
    He needs to take a self defense (firearms) class. One that covers the laws of his jurisdiction, and what to do and what not to do. Thats the best advice I can give.

Because advice from a friend can easily be dismissed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He needs to take a self defense (firearms) class. One that covers the laws of his jurisdiction, and what to do and what not to do. Thats the best advice I can give.

And don’t chase them.
    Never chase them.
    I am glad the crap eating POS was caught but man that could have ended badly.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Yup.
    But who among us can put up with the crap sacks?
    From what I have learned the piece of Human fecal matter had an extensive record, as such my friend will not face any charges.

First and foremost he needs to understand his little LCP does not make him invincible, he really needs to have the correct mindset, and understand that permit less Cary does not mean you just keep it in your car and all of a sudden you are equipped to handle such things on your own. Given it was a travel trailer but he never should have gone in.

Glad he is ok but that does not mean I am not ****** at him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From what I have learned the piece of Human fecal matter had an extensive record, as such my friend will not face any charges.

First and foremost he needs to understand his little LCP does not make him invincible, he really needs to have the correct mindset, and understand that permit less Cary does not mean you just keep it in your car and all of a sudden you are equipped to handle such things on your own. Given it was a travel trailer but he never should have gone in.

Glad he is ok but that does not mean I am not ****** at him.
    Oh I would have gone in. Hell yes.
    And he would not have cleared the window either but I digress.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

Truth, I am really kind of mad at him and he knows it. Friendship is not something that I give out easily.

At the end of the day I just want him to realize how badly this could have ended for him. Sadly many people do not train nor do they understand how serious an individual with a knife can be. Add to the equation meth and the well I shot my LCP a few times a few years ago, and what you have is a recipe for a disaster.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    When confronted with a knife wielding person that is time to take action, not when they are running away, if they are running that is not considered stand your ground!
    Exactly and this is why he needs to get some training, I am not suggesting that training be required , but at minimum you should have a basic understanding of the law and your responsibilities.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Close friend is moving so he has his travel trailer packed with 20 years of his stuff temporarily stored in an old barn he is renting. Over the weekend he goes out to take more boxes out there etc. Doors are open he gets into the building to find his trailer has a meth head squatter in it. So instead of walking a way girlfriend calls 911 while he tells her to get his gun out of the car. Long story short he goes inside his trailer to confront Mr. Model citizen. Who is In the Kitchen area next thing he knows he has a steak knife in hand starting to charge him.

By know he shouts stop or I am going to ******* **** you! Meth head debates on continuing his charge then decides to dive out window and take off. My friend again makes the choice to go after him! Then fires a warning shot in the air which causes the guy to hit the ground and he remained there until local leo arrived.

He comes to find out this guy has been released from state lock up 3 days ago And now is back in custody facing a laundry list of charges.

While I am thankful he was unharmed I really feel like he needs to be debriefed. I am trying to figure out how to convey to him how fortunate he is and why he needs to take a serious look at the choices he made.

I am glad your friend is ok.

Some sound advice in this thread.

Top Bottom