• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    After emailing Sen. Luger about the UN ATT, wanting to know if he would sign the opposition letter, this is his response to me.
    Dear Mr. Kaiser:

Thank you Blah, Blah, Blah...

The Obama Administration has announced its support of U.N.-sponsored negotiations for a treaty to regulate the trade of conventional weapons. However, Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah...

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

I think the glaring part in this letter is what we've known all along, if you read between the "Blah, Blah, Blah's"...Why is Lugar mentioning the support of the administration? Because he's on board with it? He danced around the question and he didn't put his name on the list against this issue. The ONLY way to speak about this in a way that politicians understand is to vote against him in the next election. Exercise your right...vote. :patriot:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Sent via email:

"Senator Lugar,
    Something else you might want to consider. Before sending out canned responses, like the one below, that there are about 16,000 members of a gun owners forum that are comparing notes. I would suggest next time, yourself (or the aid who probably wrote the response) think that through and actually address the question rather than dodge the issue. Thanks!

Respectfully,
    xxxxx xxxxxx

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wah, I didn't even get a form letter.

But, I am already on his ( and Visclosky's ) watch list.

Also the immediade No Knock Warrant list. As, most likely, are all of you.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Regardless of what he says, I don't believe he supports ANY 2nd amendment rights, state or national.
    One look over his past voting record will tell you the truth.

Lugar has NEVER voted in favor of the 2nd amendment!

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    After emailing Sen. Luger about the UN ATT, wanting to know if he would sign the opposition letter, this is his response to me.
    Dear Mr. Kaiser:

Thank you for contacting me concerning the control of small arms. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

I support the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting, and defensive purposes; I also support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. Indiana's Constitution provides both a liberty and a property right to bear firearms, which is stronger Second Amendment protection than the residents of many states enjoy.

The Obama Administration has announced its support of U.N.-sponsored negotiations for a treaty to regulate the trade of conventional weapons. However, no treaty has been negotiated. If a treaty is signed by a President in the future it would be subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, requiring a two thirds vote. To date, the Administration has not formally engaged with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which I am Ranking Member, with regard to this issue.

I will continue to follow this matter closely. Thank you, again, for contacting me.

[FONT=&quot]
    Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

[/FONT]

Added the red emphasis. Has anyone noticed how no member of government will mention the real reason the 2nd amendment exists. Scary ain't it?

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I got an identical email and he didn't answer the question. In typical politician's style he danced around the question in an effort to avoid giving a direct answer. Or, perhaps I should say the lackey who wrote the response did the dancing. Lugar is not part of the solution. He's part of the problem.

Remember this song? "How I love to dance a little Sidestep! Now they see me, now they don't, I've come and gone!"
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCDoBvG1HoI[/ame]

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I'm pretty confident I received that letter a while ago myself. So withour further ado let me say this..

Hey Lugar, we got two words for ya. Suck it!!!!

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I got the same letter... verbatim but addressed to me and not you.

Ditto for me. Verbatim. I've sent him several very pointed letters and all I ever get is a form letter from one of his flunkies, who went so far once to send me a 4-page copy of one of his speeches which didn't even address what I asked him about. You'll notice that Ole Dicky has already started running re-election ads. Yeah, right! Say Goodnight, Dick!

Top Bottom