• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, there was one girl in my HS biology class... wait, we're talking about formaldehyde. How much is there really in the flooring. How fast does it emit? Does it get dissipated? Safely? It's like these ********* ******** about lead or dichlorodifluoromethane. Some of the exposure limits are just ridiculous. Yes, I typed asterisks. A bunch of them, cause I really meant it.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    If your stock price is the only thing that keeps you in business , you really don't have a business ... Wall Street has got to GO...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If your stock price is the only thing that keeps you in business , you really don't have a business ... Wall Street has got to GO...

Um, NO, it's the arbitragers that need to be reined in. The stock market finances business, which is what creates jobs.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    What are you, some kind of ******* commie? No, really, the stock market was originally established to allow companies to put up shares for sale to finance their operations, and investors to put money into companies they thought had value. You take a risk, you win or lose. I've won, I've lost, but mostly won. But there's a risk, and you have to understand that. How is this a bad thing? The bad comes when you have arbitragers setting up derivatives based on prospective values of stocks, and making their money by fees on transactions. Derivatives based on derivatives was what caused the problem in 2007. You can't do that.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

No one forces a company to enter the "Wall Street" stock exchanges. Company's do that on their own when they want to raise capital to hopefully grow their company.

With that said... If you think LL will rebound from this, it's a great time to get some LL stock. :)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    No one forces a company to enter the "Wall Street" stock exchanges. Company's do that on their own when they want to raise capital to hopefully grow their company.

With that said... If you think LL will rebound from this, it's a great time to get some LL stock. :)

I have been told to expect LL to go to single digits. The smart money has done sold it short......I see some short covering happening already in pre market. This is definitely a falling knife I don't want to attempt to catch. My heart says to sell it short.....but my brain says it will recover.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    On a related note, if anyone in the "South Indy" area is looking at flooring, I have three recommendations for you. PM me and I'll tell you who we went with + two others we talked with at length.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sort of. All I have to do is look at my LL shares. :(

You gonna buy more, average down.......or what do you think? Check out all the open contracts for 3-20-15 option puts at $60-55-50..........almost 25,000 open contracts. I am betting that is the rich guy and his $3 billion short bet. Short sellers are killing this stock now.......kicking it while it is down.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You gonna buy more, average down.......or what do you think? Check out all the open contracts for 3-20-15 option puts at $60-55-50..........almost 25,000 open contracts. I am betting that is the rich guy and his $3 billion short bet. Short sellers are killing this stock now.......kicking it while it is down.
    If I had a basic acct. and not an IRA, I'd be shorting too. There's good money to make in shorting stocks, but you have to be picky.

As to LL, I'm thinking...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If I had a basic acct. and not an IRA, I'd be shorting too. There's good money to make in shorting stocks, but you have to be picky.

As to LL, I'm thinking...

I like shorting.....a lot easier to find a flyer looking to crash.....than a flyer that hasn't flown yet.

I don't know what to make of LL. It has a very low P/E compared to competition and could obviously double or triple from here.....but if something silly happens like them having to replace everyone's flooring, I just don't know.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sometimes shorting is the thing to do, when you have someone with a long holding philosophy that doesn't mind losing some money in the short run. I'd sure do it, but I'm not going to thrash my own account.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    BlackRock increased it's holdings........35% of shares are sold short. If they get just a touch of good news, short squeeze will be on and this stock will gain 30% in 2 days. Look for action on Thursday and Friday.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I would be scared of shorting this stock at this point.....there is so much more to this story. I look for it to go to $40+ soon though, if BlackRock is buying....I would follow their lead. All them options expire on 3-20......lot of action happening here. But I am not experienced enough to know where the cards will fall.

Options may be the best bet.....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Look at that volume......I am pretty sure a lot of short covering is happening. Is this a squeeze?

A few numbers that jump out at me. Total assets are $495 million, as of the last day of 2014 inventory was $315 million of that, and plant and equipment was $125 million....only about $20 million cash. SO let's assume that they decide to stop selling 75% of inventory that is tainted from China.....what will a $250 million loss do to them, and that is just inventory.

Am I reading these numbers wrong?

Last edited:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Short selling only works if it goes down. You really think it will?

It's down 15.33% today. But I don't know much about short selling so I'm not touching it. If you know what you are doing, go for it.

"Lumber Liquidators’ (NYSE: LL) stock fell as much as 15% on Friday’s trading day after the company’s CEO, Tom Sullivan, broke his silence for the first time after a “60 Minutes” segment on CNBC alleged that Lumber Liquidators’ floorings that are manufactured in China contains unsafe levels of the cancer causing agent, formaldehyde."

BREAKING NEWS-Lumber Liquidators? (NYSE: LL) Stock Falls Following CEO?s Defense - Financial Buzz

Top Bottom