• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigTim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have seen pro hunters on TV shoot lighted nocks for years. Since I want to be just like them when I group up :D, I was curious what type of lighted nocks (if at all) folks shoot?
    What benefit have you seen? Do you practice with them? Is there a more economical brand?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I have seen pro hunters on TV shoot lighted nocks for years. Since I want to be just like them when I group up :D, I was curious what type of lighted nocks (if at all) folks shoot?
    What benefit have you seen? Do you practice with them? Is there a more economical brand?

WHEN they work, they help you see arrow impact on game, and finding an arrow after the shot... Unless things have changed dramatically the last two seasons, there isn't one that is reliable enough for me to spend the $ on any.

They usually come with a practice nock that weighs the same as the lighted nock for practice.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I do not like Lumenocks for a couple of reasons. One is the mechanics of how they work. There is a fine wire that comes out of each side of the nock. When the arrow is released it forces the wires tight against the arrow shaft and completes the circuit lighting them up. The problem with this is that some carbon arrows conduct electricity better than others(which is a big part of the reason some people have reliability issues) and some arrows,especially cheaper arrows, have fractionally different inside diameters and the nock will be too tight(therefore harder to come on) or too loose(therefore shutting off too easily). I shoot Gold Tips and have neither problem. However what does happen,and my main reason for not liking them, is that if you shoot them more than just a few times the wires start to chip the end of my arrow,a $150 a dozen arrow. Not cool. I also do not like the magnetically activated nocks. Just too much hassle and something else to put on your bow IMO. I like and use firenocks. A small button inside the notch of the nock is depressed by the bowstring when released. No damage to the arrow, no issues with arrow size or type of carbon, and,for me, works everytime. Bout the same price as lumenocks.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    never had problems with any of them but here is something to think about. Will you be using them year after year. My luminocks and tracers never seem to hold battery from year to year and they do not hold up in water. Last two years however I have been using "nocturnal" they are good stuff and bright too.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I have used Lumenoks in the past, but switched to Nockturnals because I got tired of the wires on the Lumenoks gouging out two dimples on the ends of my carbon arrows.

Nockturnals:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgV3j81LT0[/ame]

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Thanks for the input!
    X2. After losing my first carbon arrow w/broadhead over the target and into the woods during practice the other day, I will be getting illuminated nocks of some sort. Glad to know I have options.

lumenknocks or however it is spelled seems to be the only ones we ever sell at work, even if were out of them people wont touch the other brands
    Where do you work? If y'all are that sure to have firenocks and such, I will come look at 'em, maybe buy some.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bumping this thread for more current info on lighted nocks. For xbows?
    Sorry if my search missed more recent posts. Links please?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Lumenocks is the only way to go, you can see your shot placement and on video it shows up great... +1 for lumenocks for me... Love them and have used them for years, won't use any other...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My crossbow is a TenPoint, with Tenpoint branded Easton carbon arrows. They came out with their own "Omni-Brite Lighted Nock System" just this year. Anyone try them? Willie?

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    I bought some nokturnals off ebay & had one that didn't light. Sent them all back to seller. I'm shooting the older parker red hot (thick wall) arrows & couldn't find any lighted nocks that fit them. So I made my own. Polycarb rod from Mcmaster carr, used a friends lathe & vertical mill, added a thill bobber light from wally world & I'm good to go.

Top Bottom