• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm thinking on trying something new and during my research I found these two options, what would you buy and why?. this will be use as a carry ccw.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IF it works....it works. $420 is a fantastic price point for all that you get with that pistol.

A similarly equipped G19 is at LEAST $150 more in today's market.

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I don't own either, but I plan on picking up a dagger sometime in the future. I've heard good things about them for the price point. I had never heard of the Dusk 19 until now.

As cheap as the daggers are, I figure I'm not out much if I don't end up liking it.

If you decide to go the dagger route, it appears they put a frame and a slide on sale each week and rotate them. So if you keep an eye out (I'd especially keep an eye out next week) you can probably get what you want even cheaper. It'd be great if someone has experience with both and can chime in.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @NHT3 should be along to speak to the merits of the Dagger.

Most of what I've seen from a Dagger aspect that causes issues is people throwing together a bucket of different manufacturer parts, but there are definitely folks reporting issues from the factory on the Dagger Facebook group. It does look like PSA does take care of folks via customer support there pretty well though.

I have a Dagger frame but I have an Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kit slide on mine and while I function checked it, I haven't had a chance to really run it.

I'm not sure I could get into the headspace of carrying a Dagger, but then as stated I have not purchased a complete Dagger and run it to try and get myself into that headspace either. @NHT3 has run them quite a bit and I understand from his posts he carries a Dagger, etc.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I think the party trick of the Dusk19 is that it has a much more normal grip. If you have other guns, and want to get into the glock ecosystem, the POA should be much more normal. If you are used to glock, the Dagger should keep your grip angle and have a great price.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I have the Compact Dagger Glock 19) and have shot it some, and I have no complaints. I also have a Dagger frame with the advantage arms conversion, and it shoots okay also. I have only show a couple boxes through each, and so far no complaints. I also find that a lot of folks buy them then start switching and swapping parts in and out. Bu tlike any other brand, any issues are quickly resolved. I am in several FB groups and several PSA reps are on and quickly answer any questions and work to resolve any concerns.

allenfirearmsllc

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I have a psa dagger with a red dot and threaded barrel and it has been nothing but reliable. 3000+ rounds on it and the only negative thing i have to say is that the trigger is pretty meh. I have had 2 malfuctions. One was a genuine stovepipe. The other was a limp wrist practicing one handed off-hand shots. Best gun for the money.

Top Bottom