• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I joined the m&p family a while back and added a brand new m&p 22 from Bradis a couple days ago. I finally got her out to the range!! :ar15: I can't express how much I like this over the mosquito and p22. I don't want to compare it to the GSG1911, because I believe that is in a different realm. While the M&P is also made by Walther, firing it brought out the 'training handgun' experience more than the p22's 'plinker' feel.

I was at first disappointed firing Winchester XPert HV until I noticed how dirty the round was. I was having at least 1 failure to feed per magazine. Then it hit me, MAYBE THIS AMMO SUCKS. I then ran some Remington Golden Bullets through it. Holy cow, 300 rounds through the pipe with one failure to fire, one failure to eject and zero jams. I'd say I'm more than impressed to start. I'll test some thunderbolt and cci next time I'm at the range. My wife also loved it, who put all 12 of her rounds on a 12" target at 25 yards! But she's always beating my groups. :patriot:

My Alpine is off at Gemtech getting cleaned but I can't wait to get it back and see how this thing cycles with a can and subsonics. The biggest draw to the p22 was the shorter barrel keeping bulk 550 packs subsonic, now I gotta spend the money on actual subsonics to shoot through the can! :laugh:

Goodcat recommended.

Anyone else shooting one? What are it's favorite ammo types?

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Im looking for a 22 pistol and I love my m&ps, I was looking for one with a threaded barrel for future suppression. Does the m&p22 have a TB or did you have to replace it with one?

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Im looking for a 22 pistol and I love my m&ps, I was looking for one with a threaded barrel for future suppression. Does the m&p22 have a TB or did you have to replace it with one?

The m&p22 comes with a threaded barrel. I do not have a suppressor but, I have heard you can use the same thread adapter as the Walther p22.

As a side note, I to have since fed it a box of 550 federal bulk. Nearly flawless function. :D
    :ar15:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

As has been said, yes, they do come stock with threaded barrels. It is a great pistol. If your a fan of M&P handgun line, you'll be right at home with this one. There's a guy in the Classifieds that said his shop is getting them in soon. Decent price too.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    It comes threaded from factory. Next one I see I'm buying it. IDGAF
    What price OP?
    375$ is the lowest I can find

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I bought mine for $353 IIRC, but the guy I mentioned that had an ad in the classifieds was like $340, I think. He was a INGO advertiser too.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been wanting to get into the M&P line up. This will be on my list for the up coming Indy 1500. I also love the tactical .22 market, so this sounds like a good one to get.
    Thanks Goodcat for the quick review. Rep headed your way.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Nice buy!! You can use the thread adapter from a p22, fit great on mine. Now just waiting on my alpine to come back from gemtech for cleaning!

Top Bottom