• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    No, small thin 9mm yes, tiny .40's and .45's no. At some point with the .45 ACP you get to the point of diminishing returns. How many jumped on the XDS .45 when it came out and then just as fast they showed up in the classifieds?

Our drummer has one, and I keep wanting to like it, but I can't. It's just not a shooter for me. Ergonomics don't work for me.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Think they are late to the game

Late to the game?? What game? Companies still make new rifles, handguns, shotguns. Still new tech. Are all the new full size pistols and semi auto rifles late to the game?

For the subcompact 45 game this is still relatively new. The Detonics 45s were just the beginning and now we are to the new generation of small 45s with the not to popular Kahrs, the popular XDS and the Glock 36, the unreliable subcompact 1911s, and now the new ergonomic and slim Shield 45ACP that I want so bad.

So relatively speaking the game hasn't been going on for long. Maybe for small 9mms and 380s but the 45 game is still new.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Too many people on here busting balls because they either don't like 45 ACP in a shield platform or have sissy hands. The angel hands need to go get their manicures and stop reading this thread if they are going to make comments that have no real contribution. I plan on shooting this gun and anticipate that it will surprise a lot of people on how manageable the recoil is.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Too many people on here busting balls because they either don't like 45 ACP in a shield platform or have sissy hands. The angel hands need to go get their manicures and stop reading this thread if they are going to make comments that have no real contribution. I plan on shooting this gun and anticipate that it will surprise a lot of people on how manageable the recoil is.

I'm with ya. I shoot .44 magnum for fun. Can't fathom the whining over a compact .45 ACP. Maybe they'll come out with a .22 Shield. Pink and purple might be appropriate frame colors.

Top Bottom