• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am in the market for a new full size 9 mm. I really like my MP9c I carry so I am thinking a full size 9 as I start to think about maybe dabbling in USPSA next year.

SO, looking at 5" barrel Pro Series or wondering if its worth bumping to CORE series in case I want to go with optics on it at some point(not sure what that does to my 'class'...but if I'm going to buy one, thinking of just getting the CORE one and leaving it as is for a while. I don't suspect being cut for a optic will impact my class if it doesn't have an optic on it).

What does INGO think?

I am going to also try a Glock in my hand at my brothers this weekend(he's a Glock fan) and also plan on trying to feel a XDM in my hand and see what I think for 'feel'. As a side note...and figure I should share for opinions...I like the MP line, but I am struggling with my MP9c to not shoot left with it after I shattered my wrist this summer...but I think I just need more time after the injury. I used to be really good shot with it(not a crack shot...just could hit what I aimed at)...now I'm shooting left very consistently.

Thanks,

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Buy the CORE...trust me...if you dont i'll happily let you know what i payed after the fact to have my slide milled...

With that said after you buy it do the Apex FSS and a RAM and you will be blown away with the trigger. It will go from marginal to the best striker fired trigger on the market.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I ordered the CORE tonight after shooting a friends. Shot well. His has APEX trigger in it. Looking forward to it coming in around the first of the year.

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I ordered the CORE tonight after shooting a friends. Shot well. His has APEX trigger in it. Looking forward to it coming in around the first of the year.

An added bonus that no one mentions with sticking to the M&P line is that the full size mags from the CORE will fit in the 9C, giving you extra capacity for your carry gun. I have the FS 9mm, and love it. I'm sure you will be very happy with the CORE.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Got the CORE yesterday. Love it. took it to range and put about 50-100 rounds through it. Trigger out of the box wasn't bad. The Pro Series has a revised trigger in it. Probably still not APEX but I can' tdo full apex and stay in production class. Thinking if I decide to do trigger to just to Apex internals kit as that's USPSA legal.

Overall, though, love the gun...looking forward to shooting it more. Thank god I'm reloading 9 now!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got the CORE yesterday. Love it. took it to range and put about 50-100 rounds through it. Trigger out of the box wasn't bad. The Pro Series has a revised trigger in it. Probably still not APEX but I can' tdo full apex and stay in production class. Thinking if I decide to do trigger to just to Apex internals kit as that's USPSA legal.

Overall, though, love the gun...looking forward to shooting it more. Thank god I'm reloading 9 now!

I really like the M&P 9 specially the Pro 4.25 as is my favorite, I have an other pro 5 inch and is very accurate but now I really want a performance center 4.25.

Top Bottom