• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well I pulled the trigger on another one. This time I ordered an M&P 9c from Budsgunshop. I decided to use the 90 day layaway program because I probably won't get out until the weather warms up again.

I have been pretty attracted to these M&P's for a while now. However, I decided to get this one for my son. We enjoy shooting together and he's a great young man who is very responsible and respectful. He's 18 and he got his LTCH this last summer.

I think this will be a nice little gun to add to his collection.

So, I am excited about the purchase and we need to get some 9 reloaded for the upcoming shooting season.:rockwoot::ar15:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I liked the full size 45 and 9mm M&P so much I boughtb the compact 9mm M&P for my daughter as her carry peice. Very well made firearms! I have had to carry a lot of different duty guns for work and there is a reason the new M&P's are winning lots of contracts.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Congrats to you and your son.

Both my son's liked my M&P's so much that they each had to have their own. My oldest son carries his M&P40c as his EDC. My youngest son left his guns with me while deployed with the Marines, and he carries whatever Uncle Sam issues him currently.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Thanks guys. Yea, I am pretty excited too get it and so is he. I flashed him the order confirmation email on my phone while we were in the kitchen today - ssshhh, mom doesn't know yet:):

New guns are fun. :yesway:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    That was one of the best purchases to a firearm you may ever make. :yesway:

The M&P line-up is phenomenal and the quality is truly top notch.
    I personally EDC a full size M&P9 and I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

Doing the Apex trigger upgrade just makes it that much better (IF you feel the need to modify),
    Otherwise, many are satisfied with the quality as it is - And let me tell you, the firing mechanism, entirely, is great.

He'll love it. :rockwoot:

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Congratulations on your buy.

I think your son will enjoy it a lot.

I love my S&W M&P Pro in 9mm

SWMPPro9mma.jpg

It gets lots of range time.

I put a Apex trigger kit in it and wow is it a shooter.

:cool:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I love my M&P40c as my daily carry weapon. It's been a favorite since I took it out the first time. Looking for a 40L or pro in the near future. Awesome that you got this for your son, it's a great piece to have in a collection.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I saw that a conversion barrel is only about $70. So we will certainly be picking up a 40 barrel and mag for this gun. We already have an XD40 and a beretta 9 so the ammo is already on the shelf for both calibers.

I like being able to switch it around and see how the same gun performs in two different calibers.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Buds shipped the gun today so we are on the count down to delivery folks:rockwoot:

Now hopefully Cabelas won't drag their feet in getting it ready to pick up like they did on my AR.:(

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    You'll be very happy with the 9c. I've got an M&P9 Pro 4.25" as well as the 9c. The 9c is very comfortable to shoot, albeit with a bit more muzzle flip, and is very manageable. I have a MTAC IWB for mine.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yes, wea re excited to get it. I have also decided recently to increase my holster selection for different carry situations. So I got a Serpa for my XD and I am looking for a good pancake leather for my 642. I already have crossbreeds for both of those.

I will let him look into what type of holster that he wants but we will check into the MTAC. I have looked at them online the last couple days but I really would rather look it over in the store somewhere.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well, on the way over to my father-in-laws to pick up some reloading equipment, Cabelas called to say the gun was in. So me and my son headed up there to pick her up.

Here she is.:yesway::D

S&W m&p 9c

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

He's pretty excited to shoot it.:rockwoot:

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    I bet it will be a shooter! I have been impressed with all of the M&P 9mms I have shot.

Top Bottom