• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Where is the best place to purchase a M&P 9mm Pro?

After firing various weapons owned by INGO members (BIG Thanks to those individuals!!!), i have made my decision to purchase the M&P 9mm Pro. Where should I go to make my purchase? And what is a reasonable price?

I also plan to pick up 3 extra mags, four mag holders, holster, belt, and ammo. Thoughts????:ingo:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    There are a number of good gun stores in the Indy area you can check out. I'd recommend Beech Grove Firearms, Plainfield Shooting Supply, and Bradis. Feel free to call ahead and see what they can do for you.

You might also want to seriously consider visiting the Indy 1500 coming up this weekend. You might have a hard time getting everything you want in one shop and this is a great way to check prices and get any items that one vendor isn't terribly competitive on.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    There are a number of good gun stores in the Indy area you can check out. I'd recommend Beech Grove Firearms, Plainfield Shooting Supply, and Bradis. Feel free to call ahead and see what they can do for you.

You might also want to seriously consider visiting the Indy 1500 coming up this weekend.

All 3 shops are great. Call em all and find the best price. You will not be disappointed with the pro, its truly a top level firearm. :yesway:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Work on 50 quality posts, then use the INGO classifieds. There were 2 or 3 listed in there the last few months, and I bought one there. Its worth a shot, and you typically get to meet some great INGOers.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Why?

No seriously... why? I've ordered a Pro as well. Isn't the trigger about the same as having it done?

Also, the Pro has a different front sight. Not a big deal but...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Why?

No seriously... why? I've ordered a Pro as well. Isn't the trigger about the same as having it done?

Also, the Pro has a different front sight. Not a big deal but...

Why get a pro or why get a regular and replace the sear? I'm confused as to what you are asking.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Clay - I should hit the 50 post mark this week. As soon as I do I will create WTB post in the classifieds, if I haven't made a purchase by then.

WeakerBrother - I will want to purchase the Pro rather than a regular and modify the trigger for a couple of reasons: 1. The work is done upon purchase and i do not have to send off the gun or make any modifications myself to achieve the same result; 2. The Pro come with a 5" barrel and the regular comes with a 4.25" barrel; 3. The Pro trigger is between 4.5# and 5.5#, which is what a trigger job would give me. Yes i recognize that custom job could garuantee a 4# trigger, but i am not at a point where that is critical. 4. The Pro comes with upgraded sights.

For the difference in cost, and the no-hassle consideration, the Pro is the right choice for me. If i am missing something, I hope you will respond again to keep the debate lively!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thank you, just what I need, more choices, but choice is good.... I will have to spend more time looking, and finding a good price, hoping to do business with some business that supports INGO.....

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    Get it from Plainfield. Plainfield sells 10% over cost and will do layaway (60 Days, 10% down). Buy enough guns and Bob might even sing for you. I heard him sing a Doors song once. Hilarious!!!!!

As well, I concur with your assesment/choice to buy the Pro that is basically already tricked out. Thats what I did. Though...it has been too damn cold to go shoot it yet. BRRRRRR!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You can get base pads for the magazines and take the capacity to 23+1 and it uses the same spring. I have had mine for a couple of years and it works fine. You can find them in the Blue Press, but the name escapes me.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Clay - I should hit the 50 post mark this week. As soon as I do I will create WTB post in the classifieds, if I haven't made a purchase by then.

WeakerBrother - I will want to purchase the Pro rather than a regular and modify the trigger for a couple of reasons: 1. The work is done upon purchase and i do not have to send off the gun or make any modifications myself to achieve the same result; 2. The Pro come with a 5" barrel and the regular comes with a 4.25" barrel; 3. The Pro trigger is between 4.5# and 5.5#, which is what a trigger job would give me. Yes i recognize that custom job could garuantee a 4# trigger, but i am not at a point where that is critical. 4. The Pro comes with upgraded sights.

For the difference in cost, and the no-hassle consideration, the Pro is the right choice for me. If i am missing something, I hope you will respond again to keep the debate lively!

What is the difference in price? I've never had a chance to look at the Pro, but I have a full-size M&P .45 that I love.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    I hope this doe snot break any etiquette protocols, but the best price I have found so far is $559 at a local shop. I will not say where on the open forum. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Two of the top recommended shops have been $10 apart, and several shops have been as high as $120 more.

Top Bottom