• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Had a Gen 3 Glock 27 and just did not like the feel so, I picked up a M&P Compact .40 and wondered if you guys have found any hints that the M&P Compact is ammo sensitive?

I picked it up for CC and and I plan on getting Night Sights,, I will rotate the M&P into my CC options

65df4cb0.jpg

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry a few of the full-size M&P models, but my oldest son's primary carry is his M&P40c. I am a decent shot with my M&P Pro's and my 1911's, but my son can keep up with me shot for shot with his M&P40c... It is one accurate little sucker.

His hits perfect POA/POI with 165gr bullets, if that helps you. He carries only 165gr HST's and they feed flawlessly. His M&P40c was a replacement for a Glock 27, and he has commented quite a few times how the M&P is FAR more accurate, in his hands, than the Glock. (His words, not mine.)

Have fun with your new M&P... You will love it!

PM me for my secret source of HST's ;)

:yesway:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Mine has ran everything I've put through it without a hitch. I put a 9mm barrel in it when I shoot my subgun so I don't have to sort brass. It even ran 124 g & 147 g subsonics with no issues. Accurate, fits my hand perfectly and carries nicely. I put an Apex FSS in mine and I like it even more now.

edge289

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    I have the MP357c for a while now. Ammo is way expensive compared to .40&9MM, so I havent went out to shoot it as much as I would like, but it packs a great solid punch compared to my .40. I am thinking of getting the .40 barrel to go with it and also a .40 to a 9MM conversion barrel... I also have the FS MP9 and love both of them. The best part is that mags are interchangeable with all!!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have the MP357c for a while now. Ammo is way expensive compared to .40&9MM, so I havent went out to shoot it as much as I would like, but it packs a great solid punch compared to my .40. I am thinking of getting the .40 barrel to go with it and also a .40 to a 9MM conversion barrel... I also have the FS MP9 and love both of them. The best part is that mags are interchangeable with all!!

I gave my son the .40 S&W conversion barrel for his M&P357c over a year ago. He loved it so much that he never has put the .357 Sig barrel back in. He also says that he is more accurate with the .40 S&W barrel than the .357 Sig.

Here is the link to .40 S&W barrel at MidwayUSA. Put yourself on the Notify list and I'm sure the wait won't be too long... They get those barrels in pretty frequently.

Here it the link to the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel at MidwayUSA. You are in luck... They have them in stock. Just buy some 9mm mags and you are ready to go.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    bought some of these today, TruGlo Tritium and Fiber Optic Night Sights

Do you need a 357 mag or does the .40 cal mag work?

Does the mag hold 10 of 357?
    61021.jpg

The same mag is used for .357 Sig and .40 S&W. They hold the same number of each type as the .357 Sig is just a necked down .40 S&W cartridge.

Hope that helps.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    The 9mm uses a different mag. The 40 will work but not flawlessly. I guess if it's only used at the range it wouldn't be a big deal. For carry or protection purposes you would want the 9mm mags for sure. As cheap as mags are (under $20) I would just buy a couple for 9mm. That's what I did. Then again, for protection I'm in 40 mode.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Had a Gen 3 Glock 27 and just did not like the feel so, I picked up a M&P Compact .40 and wondered if you guys have found any hints that the M&P Compact is ammo sensitive?

I picked it up for CC and and I plan on getting Night Sights,, I will rotate the M&P into my CC options

Can't speak to the .40, but my 9mm will eat anything. My HD ammo of choice is the Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 +P in the 124 grain. I can't believe how accurate that stuff is.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Nice looking gun! What is the weight difference between that and the Glock 27? I carry a Glock 26 on my ankle in an Allessi ankle holster. It gets heavy after a long day.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Loving my M&P40c so far, and haven't noted any ammo sensitivity yet. As was previously mentioned, I'm also considering a 9mm conversion barrel and a couple 9mm mags, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Congratulations on the new M&P!

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    How are the triggers on the newer M&P models? Are they still as gritty as they were a few years ago? That is the only thing I did not like about them. Other than that the ergos and the feel of the trigger its self was excellent.

Top Bottom