2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am about to go shoot one tonight that my brother bought. Has Apex trigger parts and looks like Tritium sights on it. Guy he bought it from said it was the best trigger he has ever used(he's shot a lot of guns in police and military)...but he settled on the G19 G5 due to 'speed on target' he got with the G5.

I think the M&P is 'good enough' now that it just comes down to personal preference and some will say one's better than the other based on their preference. Its always been that way...but from what I'm hearing...it seems to bounce all over the place on opinion...with few saying its horrible anymore.

I love the feel of the new 2.0...feels meaty in your hand.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just got back from range, another ~200 flawless rounds. Did a lot of full mag speed shooting, switching from steel x steel targets, working on accuracy, speed & double/triple taps (closer larger steel). I’m not a great shooter but was on my game today, was a great outing, loving this 2.0 Compact 9mm.

Did some Jethro Bodine sight fill with testers paint, better than original, but not TFX Pro good, looks like I’ll be swinging by LGS to order some.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Just got back from range, another ~200 flawless rounds. Did a lot of full mag speed shooting, switching from steel x steel targets, working on accuracy, speed & double/triple taps (closer larger steel). I’m not a great shooter but was on my game today, was a great outing, loving this 2.0 Compact 9mm.

Did some Jethro Bodine sight fill with testers paint, better than original, but not TFX Pro good, looks like I’ll be swinging by LGS to order some.
    Awesome, I’m on my way to see what sights my shop has. I’m CCing it right now without a undershirt (don’t usually wear one) and this thing is rough lol light sanding might be in my future.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Took the one my brother bought out. 2.0 9c. Tritium front sights. Apex Trigger parts.

Holy crap it shoots nice. I didn't follow he G19 grip size until I layed my 9c 1.0 over the top. Same ammo in the 2, the 2.0 shoots much smoother than the 1.0. 1.0 kicks noticeably more. Both have Apex triggers in them. Duty Carry in mine...the 2.0 has the same I think.

My 1.0 will probably go up on the classifieds shortly as I start prepping to buy a 2.0.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Took the one my brother bought out. 2.0 9c. Tritium front sights. Apex Trigger parts.

Holy crap it shoots nice. I didn't follow he G19 grip size until I layed my 9c 1.0 over the top. Same ammo in the 2, the 2.0 shoots much smoother than the 1.0. 1.0 kicks noticeably more. Both have Apex triggers in them. Duty Carry in mine...the 2.0 has the same I think.

My 1.0 will probably go up on the classifieds shortly as I start prepping to buy a 2.0.
    Good to hear, I’m looking into these apex triggers, the ONLY thing I don’t like about the trigger on the 2.0 is it breaks pretty far back, unless it’s just me.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have never shot a 2.0 with a stock trigger...I know I've pulled a stock 2.0 trigger at a show...but we'll see when I get a new one. All of my M&Ps now have Apex parts in them. I'm sure if I get a 2.0...it will too in no time.

I did see last night, Apex has a spring kit for internals for the 2.0. Not sure if that would chance the break point or not...the 92 dollar setup includes the trigger I believe.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    I have never shot a 2.0 with a stock trigger...I know I've pulled a stock 2.0 trigger at a show...but we'll see when I get a new one. All of my M&Ps now have Apex parts in them. I'm sure if I get a 2.0...it will too in no time.

I did see last night, Apex has a spring kit for internals for the 2.0. Not sure if that would chance the break point or not...the 92 dollar setup includes the trigger I believe.
    They advertise reduced pre and post travel as well as a smoother, lighter trigger pull. There’s the $92 kit which looks like it comes with everything but the trigger itself and there’s the polymer $119 kit I’m looking into.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    332tc1l.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got my King Tuk for my 2.0 yesterday. Will wear it a bit and see how it goes (aggressive texture of grip next to skin). Next step will be getting some night sights installed.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just ordered a Bravo Concealment Holster for mine, hopefully be here soon. Hoping to take my 2.0 Compact out to range today.

Took 2.0 Compact out with new holster, very pleased with holster, OWB but pulls firearm close to body. Looks like we’re ready for EDC rotation.

Another couple hundred flawless rounds.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got my King Tuk for my 2.0 yesterday. Will wear it a bit and see how it goes (aggressive texture of grip next to skin). Next step will be getting some night sights installed.

I'm very interested on buying a 2.0 compact but have come across some forums posts (other forums) about texture been too rough for IWB carry, please let us know about what you think.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I'm very interested on buying a 2.0 compact but have come across some forums posts (other forums) about texture been too rough for IWB carry, please let us know about what you think.

I am concerned about this as well, but for the FS version. I had a set of sights that were so sharp they cut holes in my shirt. I had to file them down.

Handled a few at the last 1500 and would have bought one but the grips were really grippy. Hate the idea of having to sand down something that is brand new.

Top Bottom