• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    It's really hard to beat the dependability of a glock. I've known several people who really like their M&Ps. I agree with the others who have said shoot them both and see which one you like

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Two different categories of handguns....only way to solve it is both. Otherwise both of them are too different to compare. I'd let typical attire play a role too...but never buy a gun without at minimum holding it, and I say do all you can to shoot one prior too!

jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    ^^^What he said is good advice. Shoot before you buy!! I prefer my Glock 26 and my G43. I find myself carrying the G43 just because its easier to conceal.
    What advise do you have for someone who has shot both and both feel and shoot great, but can only buy the 26 or the 43? Concern is concealing but know that both will conceal easier than my sig sauer sp2022.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What advise do you have for someone who has shot both and both feel and shoot great, but can only buy the 26 or the 43? Concern is concealing but know that both will conceal easier than my sig sauer sp2022.

Go with the Glock 26. Right or wrong it has the proven track record. Unless your needs require a single stack because of concealment.

Just this morning I gave my counterpart at work my Shield. He is a nice young man with a baby on the way. He needed something besides a Ruger LCP to defend his family. Considering my fondness for the guy that should say something about my perception of the Shield. I kept my Glock 26 for a loaner gun for the range bag. For my personal use when I need a subcompact, I have opted for a Smith 642 or Walther PPS.

jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    Does anyone know if one of the gun shops in the Indy area will let you see how each gun will conceal on you prior to purchase. I just don't know whether the 1/4 ish inches will make that big of difference with my body between the glock 26 and the 43. I would perfer the higher round count but I am in the market for a smaller pistol becasue my current carry gun is a sig sauer sp2022 and is to big for me to conceal well due to handle length in particular

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Does anyone know if one of the gun shops in the Indy area will let you see how each gun will conceal on you prior to purchase. I just don't know whether the 1/4 ish inches will make that big of difference with my body between the glock 26 and the 43. I would perfer the higher round count but I am in the market for a smaller pistol becasue my current carry gun is a sig sauer sp2022 and is to big for me to conceal well due to handle length in particular

Either will be easier to conceal then the Sig. If capacity is a consideration go with the G26. The G43 is slim no doubt and that is nice. Lot of great choices for single stack 9mm in today's market. But the G26 and Smith Jframe are in my opinion the proven standards for concealed carry.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    I would highly recommend that you hold and feel them both because they are quite different sized pistols. The shield is more comparable to the G43 in terms of size and especially thickness. If you can conceal the G26 comfortably I would prefer the extra rounds but that's just me.

Top Bottom