• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Does anyone have any opinions on the M&P Shield, specifically in 9mm? The M&P was my first choice for a CCW but I didn't like the trigger pull on it. I've read that this is fixed on the Shield and I'm trying to get some user feedback on it before I go pick one up........Assuming I still can.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Love mine! Better trigger, light, thin, shoots well. Has become my primary carry gun IWB. Be mindful to wipe it down each night if you tend to sweat a lot like me (always have since I was a skinny a**ed kid). Had one I sent back due to a spot of rust on the slide where moisture tends to collect on mine. S&W replaced the slide and I have not had a problem since but do wipe it down with a silicone cloth each night.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Love mine! Better trigger, light, thin, shoots well. Has become my primary carry gun IWB. Be mindful to wipe it down each night if you tend to sweat a lot like me (always have since I was a skinny a**ed kid). Had one I sent back due to a spot of rust on the slide where moisture tends to collect on mine. S&W replaced the slide and I have not had a problem since but do wipe it down with a silicone cloth each night.

Now do they make finger extensions for the magazines? And what kind of sights does it have? Also does yours have any problems with any specific types of ammo?

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I like mine. Trigger is definitely nicer than the standard m&p.

I'd recommend the 9mm over the .40 for this gun though. Lots of mag drop issues with the .40. I'll be selling mine once the xds comes out in a smaller caliber than .45.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Now do they make finger extensions for the magazines? And what kind of sights does it have? Also does yours have any problems with any specific types of ammo?

I have big hands. I don't like it with the 7rd magazine, but the 8 feels great. Anyone with little hands want to trade me their 8 for my 7?

Three white dots, not night sights (on mine, maybe there are other options) -- nothing great, but they're ok for what it is. Mine's eaten everything I've tried so far.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

It comes with one 7 round flush fit, and an 8 round extended. Extended has a grip length comprable to the G19. Basic 3 dot sights, I think regular M&P night sights fit but the rear ones hang over the slide just a tiny bit. The only ammo I had any trouble with was a box of old wolf, the lacquer coated stuff. Polymer stuff seemed to run just fine.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    It comes with one 7 round flush fit, and an 8 round extended. Extended has a grip length comprable to the G19. Basic 3 dot sights, I think regular M&P night sights fit but the rear ones hang over the slide just a tiny bit. The only ammo I had any trouble with was a box of old wolf, the lacquer coated stuff. Polymer stuff seemed to run just fine.

Why would anyone shoot wolf?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Does anyone have any opinions on the M&P Shield, specifically in 9mm? The M&P was my first choice for a CCW but I didn't like the trigger pull on it. I've read that this is fixed on the Shield and I'm trying to get some user feedback on it before I go pick one up........Assuming I still can.

I just ordered a Apex trigger for mine last night, the trigger is ok stock but from the reviews I have seen the Apex is still an improvement. I also have a Talon rubberized grip on the way, I had the sandpaper grip on a G26 and really didn't care for it on a CCW. The shield is a darn nice gun to carry, I just want to tweak it a little.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Can anybody tell me are the shields easier to find these days? I want to buy the 9mm to try. Hoping to find one at the greenfield show this weekend...

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Any of the shows won't have them. I looked at the last 1500 and everyone laughed at me for even asking if they had any. I had to wait a month when I ordered from my dealer. Most places have a wait list for them. No way you'll find one at a gun show. They're sold before they even get into a store. And all online stores have been sold out for a long time.

I think there were a couple for sale in the classifieds here. Or get in line at your lgs.

Top Bottom