M&P Tactile Reset Issue...is it an issue for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    its very important and IMHO is the biggest downfall to the M and P's trigger. the apex sears while VERY VERY nice almost eliminate what little feel there is in an M and P... also my biggest complaint. and only complaint.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the felt reset is largely a training and target shooting issue. I know when I'm running a gun hard I don't feel the reset, even though I am still releasing to it. It's when I slow down for the extra precision that I feel the lack of positive reset, and it bugs me.

Really, once I changed to aftermarket triggers in all my M&P's, I don't notice it quite as bad.

Having said all that, I definately think it's a worthwhile addition, if there aren't any downsides.

Tinman....

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Doesn't bother me any.

It doesn't bother me a bit either. I have a 2007 date m&p with probably 2k rounds through it. The trigger has gotten lighter after more rounds put through it. I haven't even compared or noticed any reset issue with it. Noticeably with my 40c that I picked up within the last year the trigger is still gritty as hell with only 500 or so rounds through it.

Flex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Flork, The RAM is something I might consider getting because of its benefits.

Thanks

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Reset is for practice.

I notice it during practice at the range and dry fire but doubt it would be a factor if SHTF. Ask any LEO or soldier if he/she noticed reset during a firefight. I admit it is one of the first things I point out to a new shooter to help with accuracy.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I put an Apex sear in my M&P 40c, and the reset is fine to me. Actually, I didn't have a problem with it before I changed it out, but the pull is lighter and smoother now, and that matters a heck of a lot more to me than reset. I shoot my M&P better than any Glock, due to the shorter trigger reach allowing me to get a better finger on the trigger. No "low, left" with my M&P, but I have to really focus harder when shooting a Glock at speed, to avoid "low, left." I think ergonomics and trigger reach have more to do with how easy a pistol is to shoot well than any reset issue.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I put an Apex sear in my M&P 40c, and the reset is fine to me. Actually, I didn't have a problem with it before I changed it out, but the pull is lighter and smoother now, and that matters a heck of a lot more to me than reset. I shoot my M&P better than any Glock, due to the shorter trigger reach allowing me to get a better finger on the trigger. No "low, left" with my M&P, but I have to really focus harder when shooting a Glock at speed, to avoid "low, left." I think ergonomics and trigger reach have more to do with how easy a pistol is to shoot well than any reset issue.

never tried a Vanek trigger in the Glock, did ya?

Flork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Lobo,

I couldn't agree more about trigger reach and reset. I've been teaching for a long time and I use the reset as a teaching tool, but work people away from the necessity to feel it while shooting at speed.

Top Bottom