• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Does anyone know where I might be able to get a factory trigger bar for an M&P 9? I have looked everywhere online and they are all "Out of stock". I didn't know if there was another avenue to go to get one? I want to do some work on the new one to install a set screw to eliminate some of the pretravel but don't want to make changes to the one that came with the pistol.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I am going to get.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Why not just get an Apex FSS? I guarantee you won't find a better trigger on a striker gun. Virtually zero pre or over travel.

I already have a APEX Comp on it but I want to keep it "stock" for production shoots.....FSS bumps me out of the production class.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Production sucks!

(former production shooter here, got tired of the BS and started shooting Limited Minor. Full mags, any trigger, and AIWB carry is FUN!!)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Also, anything you do to eliminate he pre-travel on an M&P is going to both eliminate the trigger safety (must disengage to take up slack), and change the external appearance of the pistol in battery (moving the trigger rearward to eliminate pre-travel). Both would bump you out of production as well.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Also, anything you do to eliminate he pre-travel on an M&P is going to both eliminate the trigger safety (must disengage to take up slack), and change the external appearance of the pistol in battery (moving the trigger rearward to eliminate pre-travel). Both would bump you out of production as well.

That is good to know. As for the trigger safety the tab on the back that contacts to frame is just trimmed down to meet at its new location so the trigger safety would still function the same as before. As for the trigger setback it would only be moving +-3/16" at the center. It was my understanding that in production internal smithing was legal so long as it didn't alter function/safety and or appearance? That is why the APEX comp. is legal for production.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Ok...so the bar showed up and now I am stuck with the final question and I want to take poll.....do I tap the the trigger bar or put a set screw in the top of the trigger...I have seen it both ways and wanted to see if anyone has had any experience doing this?

I think tapping the top of the trigger where it contacts the frame would be a more positive connection point since the trigger bar moves from side to side as the action is cycled and the trigger bar is also contacting a section of the frame that is at an angle to the bar. On the flip side if attached to the trigger it would involve pulling the trigger out several times until proper adjustment is made.

Ohhhhh to much going on in my head geometry filling my brain...need beer and imput!

Top Bottom