Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like Smith & Wesson, but even I have to admit the .45 M&P feels decent. That said, Glock is still the standard for polymer striker fired guns, and the later generations have better triggers than the original Glocks. I wouldn't rule out the Glock 21 unless it doesn't fit your hand well.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Only knowledge is of the xdm:), never had my hands on the S/W. With the interchangable backstrap it may fit your hand better than the s/w or a clock, but maybe not again. Try to fire as many different one's as possible to see what feels best and shoot's best with your hand. just my :twocents:

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My vote would to to either a Glock 21 Gen4 or the M&P45. XD's are a distant third behind those for me. Grip safeties are a terrible idea in my opinion.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I'd say a midsize M&P 45 would be your best bet for daily carry. 10+1 capacity and a 4" barrel, lighter in weight than a comparable XDm, and without the unnecessary grip safety.

That said, my everyday carry pistol is a Glock 36. I think 6+1 capacity with a spare mag giving me a total of 13 rounds of .45 HST rounds is plenty for pretty much any civilian carry need. I like the light weight of the piece, about 27 ounces loaded, vs much more weight and bulk in higher capacity .45 platforms. Especially XD's, those things are bricks.

Top Bottom