• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I picked up a Shield the other day and did a light clean/oil before heading out to ECPR earlier today. For the size it's definitely much nicer to shoot than my LC9.

Anyway, after cleaning it up when I got home I noticed the breech face isn't as finished as the other M&P9's that I have so I'll probably call S&W about it. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this on theirs. It shouldn't impact the way the gun works but it still doesn't seem right.

The way it looks I would guess it was probably a problem with the original blank that was used prior to milling.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Do you have any pictures of your others for comparison? I don't have any S&Ws to look at myself.

Here's the breech face of my M&P9 4.25" Pro. No evidence of anything that hasn't been milled.

When cleaning the Shield I initially thought it was just carbon buildup but close inspection with a decent light showed that wasn't the case.

picture.php

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I'm not seeing the issue?

There's an area opposite the extractor that looks like it didn't get milled due to being deeper than the face profile.

Everything works fine. I was more interested if this is typical of the first batch of the Shield in order to get as many out as possible vs. 100% QC. The test fire date on the cartridge was January, 2012 so I'm guessing they were passing just about everything to get inventory built up.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    There's an area opposite the extractor that looks like it didn't get milled due to being deeper than the face profile.

Everything works fine. I was more interested if this is typical of the first batch of the Shield in order to get as many out as possible vs. 100% QC. The test fire date on the cartridge was January, 2012 so I'm guessing they were passing just about everything to get inventory built up.

gotcha, this will be my first m&p, so not real familiar with it yet.

Top Bottom