• ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    It's out of layaway and all mine now :rockwoot:
    Now to get to the range and shoot it. I hope to get to use it at the Bowling Pin shoot this weekend at MCFG
    b8qotw.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Looks good! I'm up to 2 M&P autos and they are such good guns. Watch 44mag.com for good prices on extra mags and be sure to post up a range report when you get the chance!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Agree with DD48!

Get some extra mags ASAP...

Then invest in an Apex Tactical aftermarket sear.

Then rock out with your M&P out... haha.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Pardon my ignorance, but what what makes M&P's such good pistols? I have heard that they are good guns, and I do not necessarily doubt it, but is there some outstanding feature or facet about these pistols that I do not know about?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pardon my ignorance, but what what makes M&P's such good pistols? I have heard that they are good guns, and I do not necessarily doubt it, but is there some outstanding feature or facet about these pistols that I do not know about?

It's like cars...homes...bicycles...shovels...

Everything always boils down to personal opinions.

I like the M&P because they fit my hands very well and are both comfortable to hold and shoot.

I also shoot XDs well... And I shoot Glocks well. Steyrs and the Sig P250, too. And Walther P99s... I've owned all of these, too, not just blowing smoke.

I just like the M&P better. Your mileage may vary; and that's OK with me.

-J-

Picit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Kokomo IN

US made and they are using great materials to bulid them, reliability is awesome and they shoot well!! One of the best guns for the money in my opinion

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg

I didn't get to shoot several different types and have always been a Sig fan, so I based my decision on reviews and the way it fit my hand and price.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Congratulations! Very good pistols. Has a little more weight to it than a Glock. Only downside is field stripping is a little tricky till you get used to it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Boils down to preference mostly. I like the different sized grips.
    I like that my laser went right in the grip, I didn't have it hanging on.
    I don't like the glock trigger safety style. You can tell me I have one on my m&p, but its not as bad.
    I like no safety to screw me in case of defense.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I know you've had your question answered several times over and as other users have said, it is about preference more than anything. I am a huge Glock fan and still consider it the premier self-defense pistol on the market and the M&P is virtually the same gun with differences in important areas like grip angle, the beaver tail and the palm swell/back strap system. It isn't a 'better' gun but it does give the user a gun with Glock-like simplicity and reliability for roughly the same money.

My go to gun is still my Glock 21 but my M&P9 Pro and my M&P45 are my 2nd and 3rd favorite pistols.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    I know you've had your question answered several times over and as other users have said, it is about preference more than anything. I am a huge Glock fan and still consider it the premier self-defense pistol on the market and the M&P is virtually the same gun with differences in important areas like grip angle, the beaver tail and the palm swell/back strap system. It isn't a 'better' gun but it does give the user a gun with Glock-like simplicity and reliability for roughly the same money.

My go to gun is still my Glock 21 but my M&P9 Pro and my M&P45 are my 2nd and 3rd favorite pistols.

Thanks! While several people have already answered my question, you also contributed significantly by giving me important details. Thanks to all for educating me.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    welcome aboard. ive been rocking an m&p 9c since the spring. about 4k rounds through it so far, never an issue. congrats on the purchase and may you have the same luck i have had with mine. if i remember correctly i do believe s/w got sued by glock over the sigma/m&p design but there were enough subtle differences that it wasn't patent infringement. somebody please correct me if i am wrong, it has been a few years since i heard anything about it.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    welcome aboard. ive been rocking an m&p 9c since the spring. about 4k rounds through it so far, never an issue. congrats on the purchase and may you have the same luck i have had with mine. if i remember correctly i do believe s/w got sued by glock over the sigma/m&p design but there were enough subtle differences that it wasn't patent infringement. somebody please correct me if i am wrong, it has been a few years since i heard anything about it.
    I think S&W lost big time due to the Sigma. There were no problems with the M&P line though. I have an M&P9 with night sights and threaded barrel and also a M&P9c. I love them so much I bought the M&P22 to train with. It is amazing to shoot!:rockwoot:
    33447d1293164607-m-p-22-pistol-swmp22.jpg

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    Awesome gun. I have one and love to shoot it. I like the grip changes. You have the option of 3 different sizes of grips for the gun. It will fit almost every size of hand. Besides that it is accurate and has never misfired. Love the gun.

Top Bottom