• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Ok guys and gals. I shot my m&p9c from the bench and it does ok. But offhand I shoot the dang thing low and right. A friend shot it and did well. And I shot his m&p with the apex trigger and did the same thng low and right. Then I shot another buddys xdm and was hitting at least what I was aiming at. I never had a gun outta the box I couldnt hit didly squat with. Any suggestions as this is driving me nuts. Im about to sell and get something else. I really like the looks and feel of the gun. But I cant seem to mesh with this pistol. Sorry to ramble on but Im at my wits end. Thanks all for any tips and tricks.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You gotta want it! lol off-handed shooting is rough and it just sounds like you just need to spend a bit of time working the gun, practicing the grip and a straight pull to the rear. It is just the fundamentals...I will say that initially it took me a bit to change over from my Glocks to the M&P but in the end, after spending time dry-fire practicing it finally came to me. If you want to get better with the gun, it'll come if you just devote the time...you just gotta deside if you want to devote the time to learning this gun instead of something else. If you were going to have and use other M&Ps then it would be well worth spending the time learning this one but if this might be the only M&P it might not be worth the extra time and effort.

In my opinion, the M&P is a brilliant weapon, one well worth the time it takes to master it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not sure this will help, but..

orig.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    That chart is only good for theory imo. Dry firing is the only way to know for sure if your sights are pulling off target, of if you're flinching, when the hammer drops.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I assume it has a weaver front sight? I've got a M&P9 and my front sight tip would walk every few rounds. I took it off and put a little lock tight red on it and it's good to go.
    Might be the same problem with yours?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It's all about trigger control and follow through. The trigger of the M&P might be just different enough from other pistols you've shot, that you might be losing some of your trigger control.

If you want to master any pistol, you really need to do a lot of dry firing with it. You have to pick out a point on a wall and watch your front sight movement during the entire trigger cycle.

The pick below was done with my M&P40 Pro, which did not impress my son at all. Because, he did his own target right after mine where he placed 2 shots exactly on the X with his M&P40c.

perfectform15yards.jpg

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    It's a matter of what you are used to. I carry a 1911, have for 20 years. I'm really good with it. I bought a full size M&P9 and shot low right.....by about 4 inches. It was very consistent and distance didn't matter. 4 inches low right at 5 yards, 4 inches low right at 25 yards. Practice practice practice. Buy a lot of ammo and go shoot. Dry fire the hell out of it. That's what I did and now I can hit where point. If it worked for me it will work for you. Also, a trick an NRA pistol instructor showed me: put a spent casing on the front sight when you do your dry fire exercise. Try to keep it from falling off when the trigger breaks. M&Ps are good guns and worth the effort.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Ok thanks for the tips everyone. I bought some snap caps and ammo and Im going to work with this and see if I can get used to it. I really like the size and feel of this pistol and want to keep it. Thanks again

Top Bottom