• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm probably going to be picking up one of these soon unless I hear something catastrophic about the gun. I've read reviews and done my homework on it and there is literally zero bad reviews for this gun. Surely somebody here has experience with this gun. And if you don't mind, I'd like to hear what you have to say about the M&P9c.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm probably going to be picking up one of these soon unless I hear something catastrophic about the gun. I've read reviews and done my homework on it and there is literally zero bad reviews for this gun. Surely somebody here has experience with this gun. And if you don't mind, I'd like to hear what you have to say about the M&P9c.

I have one, and I've had literally zero problems out of it. I like it because it's a tad smaller than the full size, yet you can still use the same magazines. Pick one up, you won't be disappointed.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just bought mine used a couple weeks back, love every bit of it. Maybe 200-300 through the tube with zero issues.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I've had mine for awhile, zero problems, it's my EDC weapon so I guess you could say I trust it with my life.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Go pick yours up, you won't be sorry. I've had mine for a year and have had zero issues with it. It's as accurate as I am, it's eaten every time of ammo I've fed it, the only time I've had a malfunction was with my very first batch of reloads and that was my fault. Overall I don't have anything negative to say about it.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    How does it feel in your hand compared to the full size? As in, does the pinky rest on the magazine make it feel like a full size? I've handled the full size, and with the right backstrap it fit my hand perfectly. So how does the compact compare?

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I shoot mine about the same whether I'm using the extension or not. That said, it feels a bit better with the extension but conceals a little better w/o it.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Shoot it first....if you haven't already....

That's what bothers me. I haven't been able to shoot either the full size or the compact size. I mean, I've heard nothing but good, but I would still love to be able to shoot one before I put the money down for it.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    That's what bothers me. I haven't been able to shoot either the full size or the compact size. I mean, I've heard nothing but good, but I would still love to be able to shoot one before I put the money down for it.

If you can, run by PopGuns @ Washington and Post in Indy and rent one. They have a full size hanging on the rental wall.

I have a full size and compact M&P and haven't had a problem out of either one. Have about 3,000 rounds through the full size and 1,000 through the compact. I've run federal, tula, wolf, remington, winchester, and my own reloads through both of them and haven't had any issue.

Good Luck!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I've had mine for about a year and a half, run about 750 rounds thru it (primarily UMC). I've had zero FTF, but personally struggle with the trigger weight. I will likely have that lightned in the future to about 5-6 lbs but that is my issue not the M&P's. Like the small size and yes I prefer the mag with the pinky extender. It will be a good purchase.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you can, run by PopGuns @ Washington and Post in Indy and rent one. They have a full size hanging on the rental wall.

I have a full size and compact M&P and haven't had a problem out of either one. Have about 3,000 rounds through the full size and 1,000 through the compact. I've run federal, tula, wolf, remington, winchester, and my own reloads through both of them and haven't had any issue.

Good Luck!

Really? Shoot, (no pun intended) last time I was there he just said he had some Glocks and something else. I don't remember him saying he had any SW, let alone an M&P. I'll have to check them out again. Thanks!

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I have a compact 9. My boyfriend has a full size and compact 9. I love mine and I shoot it very well. I have put probably 200 rounds through it without issue. Same with his full size. He bought his compact from a member here. His has the Apex upgrades. His has a noticeably lighter and smoother trigger pull than mine. But, the stock trigger doesn't feel all that bad to me. It feels gritty compared to his but I want to wait to see what it's like after 800 rounds or so. The person he bought it off of said he had some fte issues with certain ammo. We had 4 fte first few times we shot it. All with American eagle ammo. Since the extractor had been replace with the apex one I went ahead a replaced the ejector ($4) with a new one. We shot several rounds of UMC and American Eagle with zero issues. I think that solved the problem with that one. It was made in 2010. His full size and mine made in 2011.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I bought a 9c also but it hasn't shipped yet. To those that have done the Apex kit - Is it a drop in kit or is there some fitting that needs to be done?

I will likely put in the full kit.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I bought a 9c also but it hasn't shipped yet. To those that have done the Apex kit - Is it a drop in kit or is there some fitting that needs to be done?

I will likely put in the full kit.

It's a drop in kit.

A tip..when you do it, install just the USB and sear. Then try it with the stock trigger spring in first and see if you like it. If you don't, then install the Apex trigger spring.

Some like it with the stock one and others like the Apex spring.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How does it feel in your hand compared to the full size? As in, does the pinky rest on the magazine make it feel like a full size? I've handled the full size, and with the right backstrap it fit my hand perfectly. So how does the compact compare?

I just hold the gun with two fingers. I don't use the mag with the pinky rest except at the range, and none of my spare mags have the pinky rest.

I've owned the 9c for about a year, and had a 5" Pro Series for awhile. The full size is fun to shoot, but I actually prefer the balance of the 9c and I shoot just as well or better with it.

The Apex kit is well worth it. I have a DCAEK and the RAM in my 9c...very simple to install. The only annoyance is the need to remove the rear sight.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    It's a drop in kit.

A tip..when you do it, install just the USB and sear. Then try it with the stock trigger spring in first and see if you like it. If you don't, then install the Apex trigger spring.

Some like it with the stock one and others like the Apex spring.

excellent. So does that take care of the grittyness that people have talked about?

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I love mine. Have put more than 2k in rounds through it without a hiccup. My trigger was a little gritty at first but has smoothed out nicely. I don't see where you can go wrong with the M&P 9c.

If you don't mind paying for range time I would be more than happy to meet you up at Pop Guns and let you squeeze off a few rounds from mine. If interested PM me we can set something up.

Top Bottom