• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back in the 90's when the import carbines came in, I purchased 800 of them for $90 each. Each one came with a sling, an oiler, and an original 30 round magazine. I wish I would have just stuck them in a warehouse and held onto them until now. I got every maker, including a half dozen Irwin Petersons, an UnQuality, and some other really rare varieties. BTW, the M-1 Garands were $125 each.
    Holy crap! Where would you store 800 rifles without a warehouse, or at least a big empty garage or basement??

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Holy crap! Where would you store 800 rifles without a warehouse, or at least a big empty garage or basement??

One shipment of 200 carbines arrived on a Friday by UPS. I was out of town, so the UPS driver piled them up in my driveway. I found them Sunday night when I got home. I lived on a highway, and the pile of rifles was VISABLE from the road for THREE DAYS! Luckily none were taken.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One shipment of 200 carbines arrived on a Friday by UPS. I was out of town, so the UPS driver piled them up in my driveway. I found them Sunday night when I got home. I lived on a highway, and the pile of rifles was VISABLE from the road for THREE DAYS! Luckily none were taken.

Wow, that WAS lucky! Were they individually boxed, or shipped in crates like Mosins? If crates, people probably wouldn't have imagined they contained rifles, but dang...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Wow, that WAS lucky! Were they individually boxed, or shipped in crates like Mosins? If crates, people probably wouldn't have imagined they contained rifles, but dang...

They were individually boxed, ten boxes to a larger box. So, twenty large boxes sitting in my driveway. I, AND UPS, was lucky.

J81s82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Avon
    What you have is a arsenal rebuilt inland, it is likely all military components. That being said Inland was the largest mfg of m1 carbines and their value is not as high as a Rock-ola or Winchester. If there are no import marks, and the barrel is in good condition with no rust or pitting I would expect to get a minimum of $700 for the rifle.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Take a VERY close look along the top of the receiver, typically on the right edge. You might find stampings in English such as "Bavaria Border Police" or "Bavaria Rural Police". I was selling one (Inland; I also owned a Nat. Postal Meter, also used by post-war German authorities) when a potential buyer asked about such markings. There were about 21,000 such Carbines issued to German agencies, so this can boost the value a few hundred (it did in my case)!

Have a look here for more: U.S. M1 Carbines in Germany

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Rather than start a new thread, since this one was already going, what are people's thoughts on Universal M-1 Carbines pricewise (not looking for opinions on the guns themselves)? I'm trying to help a friend deal with her father's firearms after he passed away (she is fairly anti-gun and just wants to get rid of them... I at least convinced her to let me catalog them and help her sell them, rather than just turning them in for scrap to the police). She has what appears to be a Universal M-1 with a wood stock. I haven't had a chance to look at it in person yet (I'm going over this weekend to get some more details), but here is the picture:

guns.JPG

I've looked on Gunbroker and a few other places. The Universal carbines seems to be mostly in the $250 to $300 range, but I'm not seeing a huge number of them. I'd like to make sure my friend at least gets fair value (I already gave up trying to convince her to keep them as a memento of her father).

Top Bottom