• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    I have a 54 H&R Garand I bought from a gentleman up north, it is not 100% H&R but anyway came with CMP paper work, this gun looks visually great, shoots superb, but the clips are very hard to seat. I do not notice any wrong in the gun. It really takes force to seat them, then you have to really hit the bolt to close. My buddy's parts gun is very easy to seat. What should I look for? Is there anyone who knows their Stuff on the garand in Warrick co area or Evansville that could take a look at her?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    ^ this, also look at the bullet guide.
    As for the bolt closing hard, on both of mine I have to give the OP rod handle a smack, if I just pull it back and release it will only strip the top round about half way out of the clip.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    any more details as what to exactly look for on those two items? the clip will go all way in till 1/4 or 1/8 from bottom then needs the double thumb push to snap it in.

mattinindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    make sure that your op rod handle is not being pushed back out of the locked position with your hand during insertion. try grease on the metal areas in the white

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Find some other en bloc's and try them to see if thats the problem, as for the bolt not wanting to go forward, make sure loaded en bloc top round is to the right, seems to load better this way on mine.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    OP-How much M1 experience do you have? On a freshly rebuilt garand the "ease" of clip insertion can be subjective and the ease of dropping the OP rod could be thought of similarly. Sometimes "easy" operation of a garand can be an indication of worn parts, improper part fit, or a rifle out of timing from all of the above. Thete area few places online with detailed descriptions of what should happen when and how much force it should take to do it. I'm 6' and over 210 and reasonably fit and I still have to give a garanda little bit of something to fully seat a clip. The garand was made so you kinda have to be rough with it. Is there any chance you ate babying ita little to much?

2turbos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    Speedway
    Are you using reloaded ammo? If you are you need to get a "small base" sizing die set for your brass cases. That will get the brass closer to new unfired brass size. This is a common problem and 8 rounds of brass sized with a regular sizing die will hardly allow an enblock clip to load.

Top Bottom