• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im in the market for M11/9 and have found some well within my price range, but it seems like most used ones are converted to use sten mags. Does anyone have experience with these conversions (pros/cons)? Im assuming theyre good since so many seem to have it. Thanks

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The pro's would be getting away from those awful Cobray zytel mags. The steel feed lips help, but the overall construction of them seems to suck from my experience.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    So given the choice, I should buy one already converted? And will it only take sten mags after the conversion? Sorry for so many questions but I want to know as much as possible before spending $3500 on a gun. Thanks for the reply.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a Sten converted M11, I like it. The mags are way better than the factory Zytels and much cheaper. I do have to mill/grind off the little tabs on the sides of the mags, but no big deal. Craig Wheatley did mine before I got the gun, so it looks pretty nice and functions 100%. Plus I was able to make this for it. :D

4lipug.jpg

dnewton3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Indy area
    I, too, am interested in this conversion for my two SMGs.

Any specific, credible vendors to check out that are capable of the conversion, either here on this site, or other sites?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Cool. Ill probly try to get one thats converted then. They will work with the Lage upper correct? And what exactly is done to the gun for the conversion?

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cool. Ill probly try to get one thats converted then. They will work with the Lage upper correct? And what exactly is done to the gun for the conversion?

Should work with the Lage upper no problem, not sure on the .22 kit though. The factory magwell is cut off and the sten magwell is welded on, gun is refinished.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    Another thing to think about, Practical Solutions does an UZI magwell conversion, UZI mags are plentiful also. It makes for a more comfortable grip too. I have an M10/9 from Practical Solutions with a UZI conversion... well I don't have it yet, it's currently chillin' in the back of 21st Century Firearms waiting for my stamp to arrive.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Another thing to think about, Practical Solutions does an UZI magwell conversion, UZI mags are plentiful also. It makes for a more comfortable grip too. I have an M10/9 from Practical Solutions with a UZI conversion... well I don't have it yet, it's currently chillin' in the back of 21st Century Firearms waiting for my stamp to arrive.

I don't think that would work on an M11. The M11's are setup for single feed and the Uzi mags are double feed. As far as I know it's an M10 only thing. I have heard of Soumi conversions for the M11's though. Not really sure if you're gaining anything over the Sten conversions, as Soumi mags aren't any cheaper or more available.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't think that would work on an M11. The M11's are setup for single feed and the Uzi mags are double feed. As far as I know it's an M10 only thing. I have heard of Soumi conversions for the M11's though. Not really sure if you're gaining anything over the Sten conversions, as Soumi mags aren't any cheaper or more available.

You are right. I jumped the gun replying... it is for M10s only

Top Bottom