• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    Incase anyone is wanting this info... I'm sure there's more out there, but this is a pretty good list.

M16 cut and Ambedextrious lowers

M16 cut lowers:

-LWRC M6IC (some, not all)
    -ADM UIC (Gen 2)
    -Hodge AU Mod 2 (some not all)
    -San Tan STT-15
    -SLR B15
    -SOLGW
    -SOLGW/FCD LRF
    -Sionics
    -VSEVEN Enlightened
    -H&K 416
    -Brownells BRN-4
    -Centurion Arms
    -CMT UHP15
    -Expo arms (Primary arms made by Mega)
    -Standard MFG (STD)
    -DSArms
    -BCP
    -Matrix Arms
    -Geissele super duty
    -IWI Zion 15
    -Orchid Defense AR15
    -Griffen Armament MK1
    -DNA guns
    -Blowndeadline Customs
    -Modern Armory
    -Ripcord Industries

Fully ambedextrious lowers:

-LWRC M6IC (forged)(m16 or ar15 cut)
    -LMT MARS-L (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -Radian ax556 (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -ADM UIC ambi (billet) (m16 or ar15 cut)
    -Dirty Bird MCF-A (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -Silenceroco SCO-15 (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -MVB ambi (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -AERO ambi (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -POF P-415 (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -PWS MK1 MOD2 (newer)(forged) (ar15 cut)

Mostly Ambedextrious lowers:
    -Hodge AU-MOD 2 (forged) (m16 cut)
    -KAC SR-15 (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -SOLGW/FCD LRF (billet) (m16 cut)
    -SOLGW Broadsword (billet) (m16 cut)
    -SLR B15 (billet) (m16 cut)
    -MEGA GTR-3S (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -PWS MK1 MOD2 (older) (forged) (ar15 cut)
    -Seekins SP-223 (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -San Tan STT-15 (billet) (m16 cut)
    -Rainier Ultramatch MOD 3 (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -CMT ambi (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -Assend Armory (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -Falkor ambi (billet) (ar15 cut)
    -Sharps Bros livewire (forged) (ar15 cut)

M16 cut, (m4 cut, full auto pocket), is a cut in the lower reciever where the fire control group goes. The reciever is cut thinner all the way back to the rear takedown pin, along with the shelf taken back to the rear takedown pin.
    This cut allows a select fire, fire control group to fit into the lower reciever and allows an auto sear to fit into it as well. The auto sear cannot be installed without drilling the third hole, which is illegal unless you have the proper licenses.

AR-15 Cut means that the reciever is not m16 cut. The shelf is extended further forward and the walls are thicker all the way to the selector switch/safety hole. This prevents a full auto fire control group with the auto sear being installed. In order to do so, you would have to mill out the lower, and then drill the third hole. (Just drilling the third hole is what's illegal.)

AR-15 cut lowers can come in a "low-shelf" or "high-shelf" configuration. A "high-shelf" prevents a registered "drop-in auto sear" from being installed. A "low-shelf" allows a DIAS to be installed.

An auto sear and a drop-in auto sear (DIAS) are different. A standard auto sear works in conjunction with a select fire fire control group and would make the gun just like a M4/M16. A DIAS allows you to shoot your AR-15 full-auto but does not allow you to switch between semi auto and full. You can buy a registered DIAS legally. You can also buy machine guns legally. They both are just expensive and take time to get approval.

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    UnBrandedAR makes a stripped lower with a right side bolt release that works with a standard bolt release. They include the ambi bolt release parts with the stripped lower. The paddle could stand to be a little more robust, but other than that, it works as advertised. I do question how mush abuse it will take before it snaps off. I bought my lower when they were on labor day sale awhile back.
    UnBrandedAR ambi bolt release.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    UnBrandedAR makes a stripped lower with a right side bolt release that works with a standard bolt release. They include the ambi bolt release parts with the stripped lower. The paddle could stand to be a little more robust, but other than that, it works as advertised. I do question how mush abuse it will take before it snaps off. I bought my lower when they were on labor day sale awhile back.
    View attachment 230810
    Mr Stoner weeps, if he wanted it to be ambidextrous, he would have designed it that way.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Saint Stoner (Peace Be Upon Him) was a genius, but people will always find ways to "improve" existing designs. The AR as designed is awesome, but I cannot keep myself from tinkering on it. What is it, something like 60 years of continuous service in the our Military and they are still upgrading it? Even the new Sig 6.8 rifle is based on the design. It only rivals the AK and maybe the FAL & G3 in terms of active service.

Top Bottom