• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Are you looking at full-size rifle or carbine?

With my M1A rifle I have gotten around 2MOA with Wolf or surplus ammo and I am pretty sure a better shooter could improve on that. But that's what I was capable of.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If you don't mind driving 60+ miles, Midwest Guns in Mishawaka has/had them last time I was there. Several different configurations and set-ups.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    here ya go!

picture.php

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Thats strange, it looks like a 16", but I dont see the foreward rail of a Socom 16 or the 4 rail frontend of the Socom II. Is this how you bought it? is it new?
    It looks like a Socom II with the 4-rail removed and a GI handguard installed.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Thats strange, it looks like a 16", but I dont see the foreward rail of a Socom 16 or the 4 rail frontend of the Socom II. Is this how you bought it? is it new?
    It looks like a Socom II with the 4-rail removed and a GI handguard installed.

Not new. GI handguard is on it now. I have the Socom 16 mount ordered. There is really no need for the 4-rail system. Too clunky, but it is a SocomII.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Lately, I've been really tempted by a Scout Squad. I don't want any of those rails(maybe a scope eventually), but the rifle has appeal.

Honestly, I'm sold on the slogan: Bring Enough Gun. I just bought a shirt with that on it, along with a picture of the rifle.

It was this one!:
    Flag%20Shooter-i.jpg

I think I'm going to go put it on.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Lately, I've been really tempted by a Scout Squad. I don't want any of those rails(maybe a scope eventually), but the rifle has appeal.

Honestly, I'm sold on the slogan: Bring Enough Gun. I just bought a shirt with that on it, along with a picture of the rifle.

It was this one!:
    Flag%20Shooter-i.jpg

I think I'm going to go put it on.

Sweet shirt! I too was also tempted by the Scout Squad. It was 16 1/4" vs 18". I found the better deal on the SocomII. Looking at replacing the fiberglass stock for a wood one. Yeah I don't need all those rails. Too much clunk.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have a Socom II, and want to replace the stock with GI walnut myself.

I would like a full length top rail though. but the S.A. is just an extended version of the clunky 4 rail system.

I suppose I'll just settle for one of the rails that use the stripper clip guide and bolts to the side of the receiver...I plan on mounting a red dot sight of some kind because my 45+ year old eyes just cant see well enough to use the irons anymore.:dunno:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a Socom II, and want to replace the stock with GI walnut myself.

I would like a full length top rail though. but the S.A. is just an extended version of the clunky 4 rail system.

I suppose I'll just settle for one of the rails that use the stripper clip guide and bolts to the side of the receiver...I plan on mounting a red dot sight of some kind because my 45+ year old eyes just cant see well enough to use the irons anymore.:dunno:

If you are going to use a Red Dot, then instead of getting a clunky rail just get the scout mount that comes on the Socom 16. I just bought one for my SocomII on Gunbroker.

Top Bottom