• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Put a folding stock and extended booster on my M92 PAP. Paperwork goes in the mail today, hopefully in a year, I"ll have an SBR. =)

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Looks pretty nice. Did you do the staining on the handguards?

Ive got an M85 SBR being built, with the e-paperwork being submitted in February. I'm definitely looking forward to getting out to the range.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, I stained them. I wasn't very happy how they turned out though. The bottom handguard is different wood than the upper, at least on my example, and took the stain WAY differently, plus had way more grain. I couldn't get the top any darker, no matter how many coats I put on it. It just stopped taking stain. Oh well.... it's an AK.

Since then I've wrapped the Manticore Arms folding stock in OD paracord. Makes it much more comfortable and raises the cheek weld a tiny bit. I think it looks kinda unique and cool.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Did you fabricate that stock yourself?

What kind of pimp-den did you take this picture in?

My dad, and I made the stock, 1/4" square stock, torch, and a wrench. We made the linkage for my first full custom bike the same way, so i decided i wanted a stock the same way. As for the "pimp den", don't hate the playa, hate the game. ....Actually, my wife bought it, that blanket is long gone now.

Top Bottom