• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    So I am trying to pick up an Intrac imported Maadi ARM. Well it needs a complete restore. It has the Tapco svd style stock on it, rusted to high hell. So I am trying to figure out where I can find a top handguard (egyptian) and also the Arabic sight leaf.

Another thing is what would be the best way to get all the rust off of this thing?

And what is best to use for the re finish on this gun?

Thank you for the help!

Mike

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Egyptian stuff is not easy to find. You will need to scour AKfiles, What a Country, and Arms of America (plus anywhere else selling parts) to find it, and even then you might not. You may have to use a Romanian or Hungarian replacement. As for the rust, may need to blast it and Duracoat it depending on how bad it is.

Don't bother with the pain of trying to find the upper handguard if the Tapco stock is going to stay on it. Replace all three together.

IWDNEWRom 2

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    The Tapco stuff is all coming off. Things are just extremely difficult to find I am using a bulgarian stock and lower hand guard, all I really need to find is a wooden pistol grip, the Arabic sight leaf and the top hand guard. The search is stupid crazy.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    My Maadi RSB has western Arabic/European numbers on the leaf but someone scratched 7.62x39 مصر on the side of it in Eastern Arabic numerals like the trunnion. مصر means Egypt.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You might check out this grip:
    https://www.desertfoxsales.com/Original_Egyptian_Maddi_pistol_grip_p/dfs-314.htm

I've always liked the bluish black grips on the Egyptian stuff. They actually had the Egyptian brown grips too when I bought mine.

And definitely check out AK Files. I wanted a crutch stock and searched the Internet with no success. Not only did I find one on there, it was a really good price.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    don't forget the theakforum.net. way less a-holes there ;)

also, to replicate the finish on any maadi, simply pour a gallon of cheap black paint over it, and let it drip dry.

Top Bottom