• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just finished this wall clock tonight. Wood is cherry. I just need to find a way to mount it to the wall now. May see what Lowes has.

I'm also open for some mounting ideas.

DAC8936B-4280-4E59-A869-9F26D69DB26E_zpstlsivbn3.jpg

A2A30C6A-14FF-4AC5-8D89-FCF040D0BA10_zpshs8v3xvm.jpg

355454D6-BEF4-4098-AD22-D4B6C807AD25_zpsq9e9skbc.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Top quality work, as always. Never did send you pics of the antique 6' tree saw finished with the custom Hickory handles you built for me.

sawfinished_zpsd4p0swi1.jpg

You truly have a natural talent. :yesway:

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just finished this wall clock tonight. Wood is cherry. I just need to find a way to mount it to the wall now. May see what Lowes has.

I'm also open for some mounting ideas.

Nice Clock. I would plunge a blind key way in the back of it to hang it with. I think anything else would be disappointing.

I think you need to move to the next step in turning. Bowl making.... You have got me anxious to get my lathe out of storage and start turning again. I am really struggling with where to put my stationary tools in the new house.....

Keep the post coming...

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Top quality work, as always. Never did send you pics of the antique 6' tree saw finished with the custom Hickory handles you built for me.

You truly have a natural talent. :yesway:

So what did you use to finish the blade? Did you paint it or put a hardened finish on it. I have one that I really need to clean up and am curious.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nice Clock. I would plunge a blind key way in the back of it to hang it with. I think anything else would be disappointing.

I think you need to move to the next step in turning. Bowl making.... You have got me anxious to get my lathe out of storage and start turning again. I am really struggling with where to put my stationary tools in the new house.....

Keep the post coming...

This is the most current bowl I made..

0FD1268E-9964-4A25-AB35-C3AA27F37EE8_zpsubjh7wwc.jpg

533B45D5-B789-4CF6-ABBD-9191FE6437CB_zpssroyrzpe.jpg

I started a segmented bowl a little while back, but had to put it aside. I need to jump back on that one.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So what did you use to finish the blade? Did you paint it or put a hardened finish on it. I have one that I really need to clean up and am curious.

Of all things Stove Black. After soaking it for a couple weeks in the evaporust solution it was bare metal but still dark (think raw steel) and fairly pitted. I decided to not buff it to a shine because the blades have a slight relief that I would have lost. It's not meant to be a piece of wall art but a tool, I believe it will shine up a bit with actual use.

(Sorry for the thread jack, lovemachine).

Top Bottom