• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    So We had some neon paper and note cards around the house, so I made some KIM's games with them to do some dry fire practice around the house. Here is what I came up with:
    7155084054_05a2174e11.jpg

I have 5 IPSC shaped targets in different colors, each with a different shape on them and a number. I also have 15 cards, number 1-5, 5 mini colored IPSC targets, and the 5 shapes. I shuffle the cards and flip 5 onto the table set the PAR on my surefire timer for 5 sec and when it beeps draw and dry fire the 5 shots listed.

I need to get myself a SIRT pistol or a trigger resetting device for my glocks, but this works really well so far. Easy, Cheap, Free, indoor training.

I used a free IPSC target off the internet to trace for the targets, and I used the HSP lucky charms target to trace for the shapes. I am going to back the targets with some cardboard later this week to make them more durable.

Just wanted to show you guys and give you some ideas for some in home training.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I need to get myself a SIRT pistol or a trigger resetting device for my glocks, but this works really well so far. Easy, Cheap, Free, indoor training.

A small piece of card stock in between the barrel hood and the breach face solves the trigger reset issue. I use it anytime I'm dry firing multiple shots.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I backed them in some cardboard (courtesy of USPS) and made a 6th one with an IPSC target on one side and a IDPA target on the other (not sure if the dimensions are the same, but the patterns are dif and that is what I was going for). Right now I am using the cardboard in the ejection port method and did a bunch of dry practice last night. Works great to shuffle the cards and throw 5 down on a table in one room and then go into the other room and dry fire on each of the designated targets (sometimes I throw in a few shots on the IDPA/IPSC target in between each target). Feels good and I can already tell that my trigger press is becoming more even and straight back as opposed to slightly to one side. I am also getting faster on transitions too!

I'd still like to get something so I can feel the break and reset, and I'd like to get a laser too so that I can see where my hits are. Deciding between a SIRT and a laser reset kit.

Top Bottom