• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    ...is outstanding!:rockwoot: Our 3 AAcell Mini-MagliteLED had a Duracell battery leak in it.(first time that's happened to me) I mailed it to Mag-Lite on 10-10-09, and got a NEW one today:yesway: I'm very pleased with Mag-Lite, their LED's rock!:patriot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just last year I had a 6 cell Mag-Lite that the switch went bad on. I called customer service and asked them if it was covered.

She asked if I had the receipt and I said no, it was probably 10 years old! She asked me to tell her the serial # on the Mag-Lite. Read it off to her, gave her my name and address, and less than two weeks, I had a new switch in the mail ( free of charge)with detailed instructions on how to affect the change out. They even sent the hex wrench needed!

I agree! +1 for Mag-Lite customer service!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    MagLite's customer service has always been great, but they seem to be lagging behind most other manufacturers in LEDs. I just can't find a MagLite LED that's anywhere near as bright as its competitors.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    MagLite's customer service has always been great, but they seem to be lagging behind most other manufacturers in LEDs. I just can't find a MagLite LED that's anywhere near as bright as its competitors.

Bought a LED kit for the 3 cell MagLite last year and was really disappointed on it's light output vs the old bulb, switched it back and keep the led for long run times.

Bought a Coast LED lenser P14 that has the variable focus lens like the MagLite, uses 4 AA batteries (going with rechargeable's, cheaper than 123's) and has both a high and low setting and will last up to 100 hours.

Blows the MagLite away from narrow to wide focus and does not have the dreaded circle of darkness when going to wide focus.

Still love my MagLite, but they better play catch up real quick because they are falling drastically behind on the curve.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    What Maglite needs is a 1-1/12 dia. body light with the tail cap (like every one else) I have theMaglite 3-Dcell LED, it seems pretty bright to me.I hear the zenon bulb tech is old news now, those are bright(to me) but HOT after extended use.After Maglite,(6) we have Streamlight,(3) Boker (2)and Insight tech(1)

Top Bottom