• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazybear29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I bought a used EAA Tanfoglio Witness magazine (9mm, large frame), and while cleaning it I noticed that the top of the spring was bent at a weird angle. Have any of you ever seen this before?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2mhim2p.jpg

EDIT: If I insert the spring with the bent side towards the base, the magazine won't lock the slide open, while it will if I put the bent side against the follower.

And second question, if I do want to get a replacement spring, what should I get? The closest thing I found advice wise was to use CZ-75 variant springs offered by Wolff which they say works on all CZ/Witness models minus a few ("All Caliber's Except 10mm" ). These mags are pretty much the same dimensions as the CZ-97 mags, and somewhat larger than the 75. Would that work just fine?

Thanks in advance.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is it functioning? I'm assuming Nam is right and it is supposed to be like that to place the follower at the proper operating angle, but must admit, I have no experience with the EAA's or other CZ variants.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The bend was put there intentionally as stated. If you want to see why - turn the spring around the other way and see how well it feeds.

Top Bottom