• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    There are a lot of firearm magazines and I was curious as to which ones have the better and more accurate reviews. I was thinking about subscribing to one but I want to get a decent magazine.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    What type of shooting are you interested in? For competitive handgun shooting, I would recommend American Handgunner. For NFA and military weapons, Small Arms Review. For self defense, police, and tactical shooting, I read Swat.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    SWAT is a good mag, and sometimes has articles written by Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Another vote here for American Handgunner and Guns. I've been reading Guns Magazine literally for as long as I've been able to read.

Also, on Guns magazine's website each month, you can download their issue from the current month FIFTY YEARS ago. It's way cool.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    I just became a paid member of the:yesway: NRA:ar15: yesterday and i picked "American Rifleman"... Is this magazine any good? I do like rifles...lol

"American Rifleman" has some interesting articles and I like to read about the new items coming out, but sometimes it seems the reviews are more like advertisements and less like reviews. I have never really read them anything negative about a weapon.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I sub to HandloadeR and Rifle, that being said, Meijer has added "loafing benches" in the books and mag section. Went early this morning and grabed a coffee and a danish, settled in for a long days read. Sure you can get weird looks, just use a sticky name tag with your address on it, most people think I have all-timers and am waiting for my family to finish shopping.

Top Bottom