• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Gen 2 are flatter than Gen 1, and the markings are different

The front sight designs are significantly different. With the Gen1, the sight post sits above the base, rotates freely, and locks into place with a crosspin once adjustments are set. With the Gen2, the front sight post sits flush with the base as on an A2 sight, and features a detent to hold it in place. It comes with a tool for making elevation adjustments.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    The front sight designs are significantly different. With the Gen1, the sight post sits above the base, rotates freely, and locks into place with a crosspin once adjustments are set. With the Gen2, the front sight post sits flush with the base as on an A2 sight, and features a detent to hold it in place. It comes with a tool for making elevation adjustments.

I actually meant the presence or absence of logos and such, but thanks for the additional information. Always good to pile on the knowledge.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010

Also, what does that mean in practical terms as far as usage goes?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Are these decent quality? I'm looking at the same set

They look to be a polymer/plastic model and I'm looking for a set for my son's AR

They are what they are...plastic sights. They do look attractive due to the price, but if SHTF, I will certainly feel better with steel or aluminum sights. Yankee Hill, Midwest Industries, Troy, Rainier Arms, Daniel Defense all make very nice sights, but they will of course cost more (I bought a very nice set of Yankee Hill flip up sights for $200) In the end, you get what you pay for. :twocents:

drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The front sights are not for the gas block. They are too short AND because they are plastic, Magpul says they won't handle the heat. They are designed for handguard rails.
    I use the Gen 2 rear sight and I like it.
    I have been trying several different fixed and folding front sights on my gas block but the jury is still out.
    Don

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The early gen 1's use an allen screw opposed to a flat head, and lack a shoulder on the side of the sight. Over tighten it, and crack. Happened to me, but thankfully Magpul replaced it for free.

Top Bottom