• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I understand there are two types of Magpul MBUS flip up sights:
    Magpul PTS and Magpul USA. What is the difference?

Are either ok for use on an "real" AR?

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I personally prefer fixed rear sights over flip-ups. Flip-ups are better than nothing, but I question their ability to hold their zero. (especially all plastic made ones)

That is the key, sights that stay up, or flip up AND LOCK , magpul can move on the spring loaded hinge. Dirt or debris can get in the hinge and through you off

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Has anyone ever used the Magpul PTS and compared the accuracy against the real Magpul sights? Just wondering how much of a difference there is between the two.

I had a PTS set on my 15-22 and upgraded it to the real magpul set. The PTS set looks terrible. Rough edges, uneven cuts, the front sight didn't even match the color of the rear and they were both black and ordered as a set. You can easily tell its from China. The screw doesn't already have loctite and the fitment on the rail was very tight. Better than loose I guess. The biggest complaint I had was that the front sight post on the PTS sight was plastic and mine was bent even though it was new. I bent it back and it shot decent groups but I sold the set first chance I got. I never noticed a difference in accuracy but I only took the PTS set out once.

Top Bottom