• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I bought two, just got an email they are recalling the body of it, Magpul will ship new bodies in early May and i get to swap the internals and the base plate. I feel they should replace the whole unit, oh well...

Pat

oops, just saw the previous post announcing the recall...

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    IMO,

Magpul is filling a problem that doesn't exists, until they can prove to me they are better than glock factory mags, I'll pass. I've been burned before on not buying factory mags, sure they were half price but only half worked reliably.

I mean.. People are buying them faster than they can be made.. So.. There must have been some sort of problem with factory Glock mags.. Price or looks or feeding or something.. Just saying.. If there isn't a need for a product it disappears or isn't made.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Glock OEM mags are generally reliable. But if Magpul puts one out that is just as good for even less price per unit.. Well.. All that extra money can go towards ammo..

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I mean.. People are buying them faster than they can be made.. So.. There must have been some sort of problem with factory Glock mags.. Price or looks or feeding or something.. Just saying.. If there isn't a need for a product it disappears or isn't made.

The reason these are selling is that they are cheaper than OEM (although Glock OEM mags aren't really expensive if you buy from the right places), and they have the MagPul name on them. As someone else said, if this issue had come up and MagPul's name was not on it, it would have been a death blow.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The reason these are selling is that they are cheaper than OEM (although Glock OEM mags aren't really expensive if you buy from the right places), and they have the MagPul name on them. As someone else said, if this issue had come up and MagPul's name was not on it, it would have been a death blow.

Yes, but unlike a company like Promag, consumers have confidence that Magpul will own and address issues with their products.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, but unlike a company like Promag, consumers have confidence that Magpul will own and address issues with their products.

Agreed... my comment was in reply to this "There must have been some sort of problem with factory Glock mags" statement by cop car, above. There really isn't a problem with Glock OEM mags, and they can generally be had for about $20 each if you purchase from the right websites. As you stated, the only reason anyone would really consider these is because they can save a few bucks and the MagPul name is behind them. I doubt many people would rush out to by a Promag as you stated just to save a few bucks per mag. The korean Glock mags for example are of absolutely no interest to me when I can get new OEM mags as cheap as Glock mags are.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I buy my kci glock mags for 10 bucks a piece. Please tell me where I can get glock brand mags for that price. I may try the new magpul out. But who knows. When the Leo mags go on sale, its time to stock up.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Agreed... my comment was in reply to this "There must have been some sort of problem with factory Glock mags" statement by cop car, above. There really isn't a problem with Glock OEM mags, and they can generally be had for about $20 each if you purchase from the right websites. As you stated, the only reason anyone would really consider these is because they can save a few bucks and the MagPul name is behind them. I doubt many people would rush out to by a Promag as you stated just to save a few bucks per mag. The korean Glock mags for example are of absolutely no interest to me when I can get new OEM mags as cheap as Glock mags are.

+1 to all of that. I've had a few KCI mags included with Glocks I took in on trade, I gave them a fair try at the range. Too many issues, so they get sold or tossed.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I buy my kci glock mags for 10 bucks a piece. Please tell me where I can get glock brand mags for that price. I may try the new magpul out. But who knows. When the Leo mags go on sale, its time to stock up.

I didn't say $10, I said $20. And for OEM vs Korean mags, its worth it. Not interested in the KCI Korean mags.

Botach runs them for $20 from time to time. Currently $25 but discounted with volume Glock Factory New, Factory Original Pistol Magazines - Botach
    Instant Bulk / Special Pricing

• Buy 3 - 4 and get 5% off
    • Buy 5 - 10 and get 10% off
    • Buy 12 or above and get 12% off

also free shipping

GT distributors currently $21.95 each, but not free shipping currently

https://www.gtdist.com/products/glock-magazines.html

they occasionally run promo codes.

I've ordered from both, when I was able to get Glock OEM mags for $20 each.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom