• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I realize they don't make them right now but does anyone know (or suspect) that Mapgpul will be coming out with their Hunter stock for the Ruger American Rifle? I know they have a stock for the 10/22.

Reason I ask is I have a .30-06 Ruger American that I've got really no need for. If they're coming out with one of those Hunter stocks, I'll probably keep it to restock it. If not, I'll sell it.

My 700's have stocks that I don't want to switch out.

Thanks.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I don't see it happening anytime soon. There are MANY MANY more 700's out there than the American. My bet is Magpul has bigger fish to fry before that happens.

That was sort of my guess as well. Although those Ruger's are selling. I can see them eventually doing it, but probably down the road a ways.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    That was sort of my guess as well. Although those Ruger's are selling. I can see them eventually doing it, but probably down the road a ways.
    They are...but magpul has always stayed fairly main stream with some of most popular and well establish firearms on the market. If did another ruger other than the 10/22 i would say Mini-14 /30's would be well before the all American... Which is sad because i always thought the American was a very attractive Steyr looking rifle and it would be nice to see a larger support for accessories for it

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Manners isn't really doing anything other than Savage centerfeed SAs and 700/clone actions right now; I know because I tried to order a Savage 110 action last month and was told "we might be taking orders the end of April".

I don't think Manners or McMillan is making stocks for the Ruger American anyway, but I could be wrong.

MDT is making an LSS for the Ruger American Rifle, though...so there's that.

Top Bottom