• Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Add another company to the list! They just made this statement:

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO - Founder
    Magpul Industries

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Add another company to the list! They just made this statement:

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO - Founder
    Magpul Industries[/B]

Unfortunately, there are way too many pro 2A folks, not just LEO's, that could look you in the eye and convince you of their undying support for the 2A and still be able to rationalize magazine size limits are common sense measures.

I support Magpul's policy change though. :thumbsup:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I just think if governments are willing to limit what citizens can own then politicians, their LE, and BODYGUARDS should be limited in the same way.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Magpul to halt LE sales until new system created

Magpul is joining the ranks of companies that will not be selling to LEOs in ban states. However they will be working a new system to allow for individual officers to purchase so long as they agree to uphold constitutional oaths.

I hope this industry giant puts pressure on other giants to follow suit.

https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/566578336687853

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I'm really glad they finally did this. I was starting to worry they wouldn't, because it took them so long. I really didn't want to stop supporting them.

Thank God.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Doesnt just about every officer agree to uphold constitutional rights when they are sworn in as a police officer? And I don't think its difficult to say that if you work for a department that is enforcing things like NY is in relation to gun laws-you are just as guilty as the officer who is arresting people. If my department began enforcing unconstitutional gun laws (even if I personally refused to enforce them) I would be just as guilty as every other officer on that department. This is simply a compromise by Magpul to look tough and still make a buck.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Please explain this to me.

Im not sure how else I can explain it, but I willl give it another try.

Lets say that tomorrow Indiana made it illegal to posses any ammunition magazine that held more than 5 rounds. Even if I refuse to take people for jail for this offense, if I sit by and allow my fellow officers to do it, I'm just as guilty as they are for taking someone constitutional rights away.

The point of the boycott from Magpul is to cause local law enforcement agencies to put pressure on thier state governments to get the anti-gun laws changed. Now that Magpul will sell its gear and accessories to officers, there is no reason for a police department to desire the law the be changed. If the street level police officers aren't affected by these insane gun laws, they will not speak up and demand they be reversed.

Is it me, or does anyone else see the problem here?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Im not sure how else I can explain it, but I willl give it another try.

Lets say that tomorrow Indiana made it illegal to posses any ammunition magazine that held more than 5 rounds. Even if I refuse to take people for jail for this offense, if I sit by and allow my fellow officers to do it, I'm just as guilty as they are for taking someone constitutional rights away.

The point of the boycott from Magpul is to cause local law enforcement agencies to put pressure on thier state governments to get the anti-gun laws changed. Now that Magpul will sell its gear and accessories to officers, there is no reason for a police department to desire the law the be changed. If the street level police officers aren't affected by these insane gun laws, they will not speak up and demand they be reversed.

Is it me, or does anyone else see the problem here?

I couldn't agree more. Come on magpul!?

Top Bottom