• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    How many of you have lazy postal carriers? We used to have an awesome carrier but the one we have have had for about the last seven years just plain sucks. I used to try to give him the benefit of the doubt but this last week I'm pretty sure he has confirmed to me that he is on the lazy side. To start off I have four dogs. They are kept inside the house or in the fenced backyard. People can rarely ever come up to my house without them alerting and when our old mail carrier retired and we got the one we have now and when he first started he alerted the dogs every time. He has became very stealthy at delivering the mail and not alerting the dogs and I applaud him for this for it's not an easy task, but that's not where the problem lies.

The issue is we have be receiving more of the 'Sorry we missed you" slips in our mail box lately when we have certified mail. Now at first I thought maybe I just didn't hear him, or I was in the shower, or I wasn't home or something like that. And I'm sure that could have happened some of these times but I know it isn't true for at least the last two times I receive the old dreaded "Sorry we missed you" slip. For starters if he had knocked my dogs would have surely alerted me and secondly I know for a fact I was in my living room the last couple times this happened because I heard him drive off. One of these time I actually got in my car and caught up with him in his Jeep in my neighborhood and retrieved my certified mail.

This is not to mention just the other day when I had a couple hounded dollars worth of computer parts delivered from Newegg that he just put on the from porch without knocking either when it only would have taken a couple of seconds. Good thing I heard him drive off then before some would be thief seen them sitting there for the taking.

Rant over.

Any of you have good or bad mail carriers?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I think my mail carrier s schzophrenic with tourettes... He has gone from happy to angry and having a verbal arguement with a fence in a matter of 10 minutes...

He also likes to drive like nascar on a street with speed mountains

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My mail-chick is awesome. Many rural carriers are. She will call and let me know she left a package at the gate, she has called to let me know the gate had been damaged, she occasionally will walk up to the house (1/5 mile) to leave a package on the porch when it's raining, she will even drive back for a signature package or letter if I wasn't there when she came by. We tip her a little on the holidays and leave her some maple syrup when we do our spring run.

If the entire USPS had the customer service ethic our mail carrier did I would not hesitate to support it. Sadly she's the best experience I've had with USPS, everything else has been poor to abysmal.

When the business I used to own was located in Boomington, we were in a little strip with 3 other businesses and the mailboxes were right next to each other, ABCD, and I would usually have to check all four boxes to find our mail and put other business's mail from our box to theirs.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    My old mail carrier hated his job, his life, and dogs. He was lazy, at one point refused to give my roommate his mail because he was on the porch with his dog, and would never knock if there was a package.

My roommate called several times and complained about him to the USPS. They said they would "deal with it." They never did or if they did it had no effect.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have three carriers that deliver to my house. Other than not liking the weight of boxes with 2000 .45 bullets, none of them has ever been less than friendly and helpful. On the same way, I feel compelled to treat them good also. For example, I shovel all the snow from around the mail boxes so they can drive right up and not have to climb through a snow mound to get to the boxes. When I am in the yard and see them, I greet them and thank them for their efforts. Most people will treat you the same way back.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My old mail carrier left a lot two be desired. For the last 4-5 years Ive had a new mail carrier, and she is a SAINT. I couldn't ask for a better mail carrier.

If I have something I don't know exactly what to pay online (I cant figure out how to do padded envelopes but I rarely use them) she takes it in, mails it, and brings me the receipt for reimbursement the next day.

If I have a signature required item, and no one is home she will go knock on my parents door (next door, but 2 miles away) and see if one of them is home to sign for it.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I have three carriers that deliver to my house. Other than not liking the weight of boxes with 2000 .45 bullets, none of them has ever been less than friendly and helpful. On the same way, I feel compelled to treat them good also. For example, I shovel all the snow from around the mail boxes so they can drive right up and not have to climb through a snow mound to get to the boxes. When I am in the yard and see them, I greet them and thank them for their efforts. Most people will treat you the same way back.

I try to be nice. Heck I try to treat every one with kindness. I'm a very friendly person. It's just the way I'm wired but it doesn't matter with this guy. Lazy is just lazy and no amount of kindness is going to encourage someone of that mentality to be otherwise.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Our carrier is really good. I get a lot of heavy deliveries, as I order bullets 3-4 thousand at a time. She backs the truck into the drive, and I help her unload. She gets a Christmas tip every year.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've been trying to find a reason not to call the USPS and complain about my carrier. I just recently moved to an apartment, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. First incident was an order I had with a tracking number. I followed the package and saw it was supposed to be delivered while I was at work. I got home expecting to see a package or a note. Nope. Neither could be found. I checked the tracking and it said a note was left and my package could be picked up at the post office. Had I not had tracking, I would have waited and waited, and possibly never received it.

As times got closer to the holidays, I order more packages. Again, no notes and no packages. This time I didn't have a tracking number. Time passes and I figure the same thing has happened, but when I call the post office, they say no mail is being held for me. A few days go by and my apartment complex calls me and says they have a large amount of my mail that has been sitting in their office. It turns out he delivered half to the leasing office and the rest to the wrong address, but luckily the person living at the address it was delivered to turned it in to the leasing office. In that mail that was delivered to the wrong address was the marriage license my wife and I had been waiting diligently for.

Now I'm very reluctant to order packages, except through Fedex or UPS, which I have not had problems with so far at my new address. I've also had a problem with my carrier folding up anything that can be folded, reasonably or not, into my tiny mail box.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Our mail man sucks, and has zero personality, I have even waited on the front porch just to say hi to him, knowing I'll barely get a nod from him. I go overboard on the hellos to this turd, just for laughs. I'm an outgoing person, and have no problem striking up a conversation or simply exchanging a friendly greeting with people, so losers with no personality, or a ****ty attitude, usually get the super friendly greeting.

Our UPS guy, on the other hand, is a great guy, and really goes out of his way to do a good job.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    My carrier is a rural driver. I live back a long lane if it wont fit in my LARGE box he will set it in the front seat of my car. He knows I work third shift.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our mail guy is a prince. He is just a prince.

I have not been able to catch him so I can give him the box of cookies the wife made for him.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    our former mail carrier ran into, and bent, our hand railing on our front steps 3 TIMES!
    I called each time to complain and the post office said they would "take care of it".
    after the 3rd time of it happening, I never saw that mail carrier again.
    luckily it wasn't so bad that I couldn't fix it myself but it still made me very angry.
    our new mail carrier is super awesome. in my neighborhood we are required to have
    our mailboxes out by the street because mail carriers "do not exit their vehicles to deliver anymore".
    this was in the letter that was sent to everyone in my neighborhood. so we all had to remove the
    mailboxes of the front of the house and install one out by the street.
    even if my mailbox is blocked (by snow or my truck or trash cans, etc etc) my new mail carrier
    will get out of his truck to make sure we get our mail. he is very friendly and will have conversations with me.
    for the above mentioned reasons...we make sure to load him down with non-perishable food items when
    they are doing their food drives (he loves that - may get some satisfaction or bonus from it - who knows)...
    and he most certainly gets christmas presents from us.
    we went from worst mail carrier ever...to one of the best. couldn't be happier!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    our former mail carrier ran into, and bent, our hand railing on our front steps 3 TIMES!
    I called each time to complain and the post office said they would "take care of it".
    after the 3rd time of it happening, I never saw that mail carrier again.
    luckily it wasn't so bad that I couldn't fix it myself but it still made me very angry.
    our new mail carrier is super awesome. in my neighborhood we are required to have
    our mailboxes out by the street because mail carriers "do not exit their vehicles to deliver anymore".
    this was in the letter that was sent to everyone in my neighborhood. so we all had to remove the
    mailboxes of the front of the house and install one out by the street.
    even if my mailbox is blocked (by snow or my truck or trash cans, etc etc) my new mail carrier
    will get out of his truck to make sure we get our mail. he is very friendly and will have conversations with me.
    for the above mentioned reasons...we make sure to load him down with non-perishable food items when
    they are doing their food drives (he loves that - may get some satisfaction or bonus from it - who knows)...
    and he most certainly gets christmas presents from us.
    we went from worst mail carrier ever...to one of the best. couldn't be happier!

They are required to get out of their vehicle and put it in the box and if you are handicap they will deliver it to your door.

Top Bottom