• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Other than handing out a bottle of water and offering a hug, what does a politician bring to a disaster?

Most of the time, the local officials don't want them showing up since the entourage makes the [STRIKE]photo op[/STRIKE] "I'm here for you" a nightmare to manage on top of the nightmare of the incident. Even with the global disasters, the President is able to get full briefings and communicate with the affected nation's leadership--it isn't as if DC is the only place with a phone and video capabilities. Sure, a press conference to show that you're interested is important, but other than that...

As much as I'd like to point a finger and say "Boo on you", I'm having trouble.

Agreed. It's the delicious hypocrisy that's on display here, though. When Bush did as you wrote back, during Katrina; back when the democrats in LA were screwing the pooch; the jeers from the left were non-stop. Now that their guy can't miss a tee-time even...crickets from those same people. It's the hypocrisy folks like me are pointing out. I'd just as soon leave cleaning up this mess to the states because I don't believe this is among the enumerated powers given to the Feds.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A national figure like Trump brings media attention. That brings media stories. That brings awareness. That brings charitable donations.

also, letting people in swampy area know they are not forgotten by their national figures means a lot.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A national figure like Trump brings media attention. That brings media stories. That brings awareness. That brings charitable donations.

also, letting people in swampy area know they are not forgotten by their national figures means a lot.

:yesway:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

I helped out after the Henryville tornado and I was livid at the media being in the way until I was educated that media equals dollars coming to help those that need it.

Don't get me started on the "help" organizations that buss people in with their fancy cloths and gloves for photo shoots, they get .gov dollars.

Top Bottom