• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Having owned three P320 guns that have great triggers, I am going to suggest two things:

- Dryfire with a snapcap and see if the trigger feels different than without the snapcap. For some reason dryfiring the P320 feels nothing like live fire, it feels completely different, in fact dryfiring feels very un-inspiring. It's not like any other handgun I've dryfired before.

- Do a complete detail strip, clean, and lube of the gun, be sure to include the slide and firing pin.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Snap caps made some difference in feel but i am mot sure it changed the weight of trigger pull. It did feel different.

Having owned three P320 guns that have great triggers, I am going to suggest two things:

- Dryfire with a snapcap and see if the trigger feels different than without the snapcap. For some reason dryfiring the P320 feels nothing like live fire, it feels completely different, in fact dryfiring feels very un-inspiring. It's not like any other handgun I've dryfired before.

- Do a complete detail strip, clean, and lube of the gun, be sure to include the slide and firing pin.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If you're around the west side I'll bet Cary would be interested in trying yours and his back-to-back at MCF&G. I'm really surprised by this. If we work that out,, I'll have a P250 you can try if you're interested.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    The triggers on the two P320's I have are very different. One (on the .357 Sig) is lighter and smoother than the 9 mm P320 I have. I can't explain it, but there are differences. It's not just with 320's either. A couple of years ago our dept issued the P227. My trigger was excellent out of the box. A friend of mines trigger was creepy with catches in several places through the DA trigger pull. The P224 trigger I tried was one of the worst Sig triggers I have ever pulled. I am guessing they aren't all like that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The triggers on the two P320's I have are very different. One (on the .357 Sig) is lighter and smoother than the 9 mm P320 I have. I can't explain it, but there are differences. It's not just with 320's either. A couple of years ago our dept issued the P227. My trigger was excellent out of the box. A friend of mines trigger was creepy with catches in several places through the DA trigger pull. The P224 trigger I tried was one of the worst Sig triggers I have ever pulled. I am guessing they aren't all like that.

My P226 had a butt trigger out of the box, but it was a MA gun. Sig Custom Shop make it real nice.

eddieok.jpg

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    that sucks. I just picked up a 320 full size as well and mine is great. Just got back from a range trip and it's shooting wonderfully. I wonder if there is a difference in trigger weight based on trim. Is yours a full size?

regardless I hope sig helps you out.

Anyone know if they use MIM parts? Would this explain the difference between the guns?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    its a compact. I am moving this pistol on down the line. I only bought if for the trigger and the gun design to me is kind of boring. I think I am trading it and an ar15 for a M1A. I can never be disappointed in that :rockwoot:. I just sold a sig 551A1 and I am going to use some of the proceeds for another Vp9. I think the VP9 is the best polymer type striker fired pistol every manufactured (and I have tried a bunch of different guns).
    that sucks. I just picked up a 320 full size as well and mine is great. Just got back from a range trip and it's shooting wonderfully. I wonder if there is a difference in trigger weight based on trim. Is yours a full size?

regardless I hope sig helps you out.

Anyone know if they use MIM parts? Would this explain the difference between the guns?

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Not familiar with the design Sig is using or why their trigger pulls are so far ranging.

NIM stuff is really high quality and high production. Thinking it could be their quality control standards.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i see nothing wrong with p250s. I know how to shoot them and have found them very reliable and very accurate. I think they are the most under rated handgun out there from what I have seen. I like the modularity of the p250s as well. I also like how you can practice dry firing with the p250 and not have to rack the slide each time. That being said, I would probably sell one if someone twisted my arm only gently.

Do/would you carry a P250? Just curious as to your thoughts.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom