Make Your Prediction, How High Will it Go...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Prices will come back down. Relax.
    Right here is one of those that refuses to learn. :lol2:
    Even when they see it with their own eyes and pay for it with their money they still refuse to acknowledge how it happened. :ugh:
    We are $4.40 in town as of yesterday.

I think the sky is the limit, and it's going to suck for quite awhile.

What's even worse is very few people will learn from what's happening.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am guessing up to $8 by the end of fall.

Then, shortly before midterms, the price will drop to somewhere around $6.

Following the mid terms, it will rise again.

Getting rid of imported communist oil will not help much.

Getting rid of the mother ****ing scum sucking communist ***holes governing energy policy in the States would help plenty.... may they burn in Hell.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I put this here and not in the break room because political discussion is bound to ensue.

The pervious record for the average price of a gallon of regular gas in the US was $4.11 in 2008.

We broke that record today at $4.17. I'm sure we'll shatter it by this time next week.

I see a lot of 'experts' saying we'll peak around $4.50. I think they're lying. We'll probably hit that by next Friday.

So make your best guess. How high are we gonna go?

What will our new record national average price be?

My prediction...

$5.55
    Keep in mind the impact of inflation. Consider that, in real $$, $4.17 in 2008 is the equivalent of $5.37 today. (Source: usinflationcalculator.com)

So, even as bad as it is, we really haven't hit "2008 bad" yet.

However, it was bad then, and it is bad now. Unless and until domestic exploration and extraction start again, we're hosed.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Keep in mind the impact of inflation. Consider that, in real $$, $4.17 in 2008 is the equivalent of $5.37 today. (Source: usinflationcalculator.com)

So, even as bad as it is, we really haven't hit "2008 bad" yet.

However, it was bad then, and it is bad now. Unless and until domestic exploration and extraction start again, we're hosed.
    I know. That's partially what I based my $5.55 prediction on.

I think we'll go higher than the previous high, when adjusted for inflation, just not that much higher.

As for more domestic production and exploration, Biden and his handlers can't allow it. The eco-nazi, Green New Dealers, tree huggin, Greta Thunberg tee shirt wearing f**ksticks are his last bastion of support. If he alienates them, who is left?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Prices may go back down…… but they shouldn’t be going up in the first place if these morons didn’t put the cart in front of the horse with this electric crap.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    No different than the '70's, run it up high then back it down a little, people forget where it started from and are just happy it isn't as high. Still buying Russian oil and wanting to talk to the Arabs about upping their production. What the he77, put our oil people back to work. If I think about this to long and hard, afraid I will give myself a heart attack.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you've got a good shot at the over/under, ghuns

I think high $4s to low $5s is where people are forced to admit it isn't going to be short-lived and where behaviors start to change. Individual fuel usage can probably easily be flexed by 10% without too much hardship, so demand will begin to decline and the price will stabilize, I believe, at under $6

Top Bottom