• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Which is my point... asking the guard if he is acting on his own or as an "agent" of the owner/management is a fair question.

Its pretty safe to say that the security guard is an agent of the property owner. Otherwise what good would he be? And that means even if he is acting on his own, ie they have no firearm policy but told the guy to leave. It was his opinion that the complaining customer was more important than the armed customer.

He was still acting as an agent of the property owner.

Your only recourse would be to talk to the owner/manager and if they want to allow you to carry weapons on their property they need to inform their agents.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While I may not agree with the manager's actions in this instance, I fully understand that if one customer complains that another customer causes him or her to feel unsafe by his legal, but unusual, actions or dress, that customer causing the other customers distress, ought to be asked to leave.

Surely, if a complaint was made, customers wearing traditional Arab dress of loose flowing robes, which might be used to hide weapons or explosives, would be asked to leave.

Don't you think?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Its pretty safe to say that the security guard is an agent of the property owner. Otherwise what good would he be? And that means even if he is acting on his own, ie they have no firearm policy but told the guy to leave. It was his opinion that the complaining customer was more important than the armed customer.

He was still acting as an agent of the property owner.

Your only recourse would be to talk to the owner/manager and if they want to allow you to carry weapons on their property they need to inform their agents.

1) not necessarily an agent. For all I know he could be a security guard for the store down the street who happened to wander into this store to buy something.... or to grab a quick bite for lunch. The idea of a security guard taking it upon himself to "control" a person who is openly carrying is not all that unreasonable.

2) Yes, he is acting as the agent of the owner... but is he acting with the owner's knowledge on that very subject. Which is all I am asking him. If he says "yes" then I go. If he says "no" then I ask for the manager or owner to seek his opinion of chasing away a customer. If the manager or owner is not available for verification as to who's opinion counts more then I still go. This is what I have been posting several times and it hasn't changed. If you disagree with a specific point in this paragraph please let me know because it seems as if I am somehow not communicating very well with you.

3) Yes, that is my only recourse. And if there is no formal posting I can certainly request to talk to a manager at the time.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Im not for open carry. If you are in a place where you need to open carry, then you need to leave or reenlist. I have no faith in people...especially people who think they should open carry.

not-this-again.jpg

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    While I may not agree with the manager's actions in this instance, I fully understand that if one customer complains that another customer causes him or her to feel unsafe by his legal, but unusual, actions or dress, that customer causing the other customers distress, ought to be asked to leave.

Surely, if a complaint was made, customers wearing traditional Arab dress of loose flowing robes, which might be used to hide weapons or explosives, would be asked to leave.

Don't you think?
    i-see-what-you-did-there-house.jpg

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I would want to speak to the manager also. The security guard works for the mall, not the restaurant. The owner or manager of the restaurant would need to want me to leave. It's their rule or policy I've broken, not the malls. It's their customer that complained. Depending on the mall, the restaurant may even, in fact, own that space, not the mall.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    Its seems like a bad situation for all. The manager made a buisness decesion. To please the majority which I'm guessing was the people who are not used to being around OC individuals. He had to choose which would be a greater lose of buisness. Bad situation for the OC customer if no signs posted at the mall or buisness enterance. It seems like all handled it well with no shouting/pissing contest aspect. I CC myself, element of suprise does count in my book. In the bigger aspect would it have been better to have a national news incident, the lame stream media would have described the OC'er as a gun toting loon. I do hope the outstanding letter he wrote made it all the way up the corperate chain. Knowing where/when to pick the battle goes a long way.

Top Bottom