'Merica
    534376_430989370271903_1586078807_n.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This is a great example of how states are violating federal law an setting up the poor citizens for problems. Every state legislator that voted to make it legal in Montana (but not the US) should serve with him for entrapment

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    is it stupid law? yes. did the guy know what he was doing was in direct violation of Federal law, namely the Controlled Substance Act of 1970? Yep. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Because Romney will do better on the freedom front. Yep.
    I didn't make that argument. I think that no matter who wins, in 4 years we will have an even greater police state.

This is a great example of how states are violating federal law an setting up the poor citizens for problems. Every state legislator that voted to make it legal in Montana (but not the US) should serve with him for entrapment
    Maybe the Feds should be punished for violating the 10th Amendment?

is it stupid law? yes. did the guy know what he was doing was in direct violation of Federal law, namely the Controlled Substance Act of 1970? Yep. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear.
    Someday the feds will come after something you care about. By then it will be too late to stop them.

He knew he wasn't allowed to own that assault weapon. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear when the Federal Government sends him to jail for life.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Someday the feds will come after something you care about. By then it will be too late to stop them.

He knew he wasn't allowed to own that assault weapon. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear when the Federal Government sends him to jail for life.

Rambone beat me to it but let me give you a better example.

NYC:
    He knew he wasn't allowed to drink that 32ox of soda. Pardon me if I...

City of Chicago
    He knew he wasn't allowed to have a hangun while at Macy's. Pardon me if I...

We could go on and on :whistle:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That rabble rouser Rosa knew it was against the law to sit at the front of the bus. Da law is da law!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Unless he genuinely did not know that state law did not trump federal law then he knew he was still in legal limbo. I saw a documentary on some of the legal marijuana stuff out west and one of the guys talked about what a huge risk it was for him to invest $1M of his own money into his marijuana juice business because the Feds could kick down his door and shut him down at any time. I believe that states should be left to decide these things on their own and the Feds should have no influence. Until that happens though it's a risk that these folks take when they enter the state-legal marijuana business.

That rabble rouser Rosa knew it was against the law to sit at the front of the bus. Da law is da law!

Are you saying that this guy chose to sit in the front of the Feds' bus to force the marijuana legalization issue? I think it's just a guy who got caught breaking the law by the Feds, not somebody who was trying to get arrested in order to force change.

Bottom line: He knew he was still breaking the law and he got caught. I think it sucks that the states aren't left to make their own decisions and maybe cases like this will foster a change in the law, but I doubt it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Unless he genuinely did not know that state law did not trump federal law then he knew he was still in legal limbo. I saw a documentary on some of the legal marijuana stuff out west and one of the guys talked about what a huge risk it was for him to invest $1M of his own money into his marijuana juice business because the Feds could kick down his door and shut him down at any time. I believe that states should be left to decide these things on their own and the Feds should have no influence. Until that happens though it's a risk that these folks take when they enter the state-legal marijuana business.

Are you saying that this guy chose to sit in the front of the Feds' bus to force the marijuana legalization issue? I think it's just a guy who got caught breaking the law by the Feds, not somebody who was trying to get arrested in order to force change.

Bottom line: He knew he was still breaking the law and he got caught. I think it sucks that the states aren't left to make their own decisions and maybe cases like this will foster a change in the law, but I doubt it.

I take it this guy is in federal custody rigth now? Why did the state (LEOs) not stop the feds from taking him? After all if he is not breaking a state law and he is a resident of that state should not the state defend it's citizens?

:dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I take it this guy is in federal custody rigth now? Why did the state (LEOs) not stop the feds from taking him? After all if he is not breaking a state law and he is a resident of that state should not the state defend it's citizens?

Civil War Part Deux? I really can't answer that question. If dad says you can have ice cream and mom says no, is dad going to trump mom? If so, what's that dynamic going to be later?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I've made that same argument for years. The local sheriff should arrest and imprison the feds for their violations, but until there's a separation of feds and locals that's never going to happen. The locals are quite happy to suck the federal teat and follow where the big boys lead.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I am ashamed, truly ashamed, that I was ever a law enforcement officer in this country. To think that state and local LE would just stand by and allow federal drug thugs to take this man away sickens me.

There's no honor anymore. I am feeling quite low.

Top Bottom