• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Guns are tolerated in retrospect when used to save a life. BUT you still get fined and held until you move and register them. If another boy does in the mean time, so be it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If anyone sees a fund set up for him, put up a link. I'll help pay the $1k, and I'm sure I'm not alone on INGO.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hyperbole does no one any good. He wasn't fined $1000 for "saving a life". He was fined for illegal possession of a firearm. Do we really have to stoop to the level of yellow, sensationalist journalism? We can't be more honest than that and just report what actually happened?

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Hyperbole does no one any good. He wasn't fined $1000 for "saving a life". He was fined for illegal possession of a firearm. Do we really have to stoop to the level of yellow, sensationalist journalism? We can't be more honest than that and just report what actually happened?

They weren't illegal firearms, they weren't illegally possessed, and they weren't illegally used. Hell, two of them weren't used at all! When laws are unconstitutional they need only be followed by those unwilling to contest them. I don't look down upon this man for moving to a location where he can "legally" have his guns back to avoid the fight but you bet your rear end I'd be the guy in court trying to bring down the D.C. "Safety mandates" that prohibit the carry and use of firearms...and THEN moving to an area that infringes upon my constitutional rights less.

Who would let this child die to the product of stupid people who can't train or control otherwise docile dogs...while your guns sit "illegally" in a safe never to see the light of day? Not me. This story is rife with shame and I for one am thankful that I live in a place where sense isn't so "common" as to think that we're all safe and cheery in our cookie cutter neighborhoods. This guy should be praised and heralded as a neighborhood watchman. Not slandered as a common criminal and forced to pay illegitimate fines.

Scutter,
    I know what you were getting at but I can't support it as an argument or avenue to resolve this issue. This issue requires confrontation, not rationalization.

-Dobber

EDIT: Typos, formatting, note.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    You mean to tell me, that somebodys pitbulls got loose, and mauled a child, but the person being demonized, is the guy that saved this kid??? Those gun grabbers can't possibly see this gun owners actions as being bad.....the only thing they could get this guy on was non-registration of firearms?? I call BS!!!!

Isn't there laws that require owners of animals to maintain control of their animals, and to take responsibility for their actions? If so...where are the owners fines?

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    You mean to tell me, that somebodys pitbulls got loose, and mauled a child, but the person being demonized, is the guy that saved this kid??? Those gun grabbers can't possibly see this gun owners actions as being bad.....the only thing they could get this guy on was non-registration of firearms?? I call BS!!!!

Isn't there laws that require owners of animals to maintain control of their animals, and to take responsibility for their actions? If so...where are the owners fines?

Pet safety is SOOOO 2003. We've moved on to gun control as a nation. Keep up, cook. DUH!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They weren't illegal firearms, they weren't illegally possessed, and they weren't illegally used.

He was not fined for saving a kid's life. Period. We have too many news threads on INGO that are titled in a dishonest way for no reason other than to enrage people. You can argue the details of the article all you want, but the thread title is flat-out wrong. You might just as well say "Man fined for having breakfast" or "man fined for walking down sidewalk". Those are equally dishonest about why he was fined.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    He was not fined for saving a kid's life. Period. We have too many news threads on INGO that are titled in a dishonest way for no reason other than to enrage people. You can argue the details of the article all you want, but the thread title is flat-out wrong. You might just as well say "Man fined for having breakfast" or "man fined for walking down sidewalk". Those are equally dishonest about why he was fined.

I'd have to disagree to a point. No he didn't get fined for saving somebodies life, he got fined for having an unregistered gun. The but is, if he hadn't saved them, there would have been no fine.

As they say," No good deed goes unpunished."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    He hsould sue the owner of the pit for the necessary money. i could only imagine such a deadly animal needs to be registered as well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Public Rep. (since I can't privately rep you again now)

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis

Thank you for posting this Scutter01. That is exactly how I feel.

I'm sure, and I hope, the parents of the child are putting up the fine money.

I sure as hell would be.

Top Bottom