• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Remeber kiddos, you never know what you are dealing with behind that badge. This gang of three are nothing but thugs. The next time you get pulled over, the "officer" could be back on the job for the first day after doing what you see in those pictures to the last guy he pulled over.

Stay safe, citizens.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    source

previewmsuonchangeactual7.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Maybe I am a unicorn but all of the guys I work with are great fellows. Obviously there is no excuse for police brutality. That being said I can find anything I want on the internet. If I wanted to post stories daily about heavy equipment operators beating their wives, I could find it.

Side note the passenger was indeed arrested. The probably cause afdv stated the suspect attempted to disarm an officer. The problems here; # of officers on the stop, use of force. If the suspect did indeed attempt to disarm the officer with the amount of officers on the scene it should have been a breeze to control and cuff without using any hard impact weapons.

So, I googled " heavy equipment operators beating their wives" found no stories about that. None. Just sayin'

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    This is how vendettas start. Vendetta is common in societies with a weak rule of law (or where the state doesn't consider itself responsible for mediating this kind of dispute) where family and kinship ties are the main source of authority. An entire family is considered responsible for whatever one of them has done.

The practice has mostly disappeared with more centralized societies where law enforcement and criminal law take responsibility of punishing lawbreakers.
    th

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is the point where I think about all the static some of us catch for 'cop bashing'. Not all police are honorable individuals who respect the oath they took. What do we do about it? I don't mean the boilerplate answer about court. Even if the court gets around to addressing an issue before the second coming of Christ, it can very easily end up as it did here. Internal discipline appears to be a joke both in incidents posted and those I have observed first hand. Even if a court does rule favorably before the victim dies of old age, the result is generally a monetary award coming from the department and/or its sponsoring unit of government with the offending officers walking away laughing.

Now, aside from the equally laughable responses about relying on the court or the 'few bad apples' excuse, does anyone have a workable solution that is not a felony?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now, aside from the equally laughable responses about relying on the court or the 'few bad apples' excuse, does anyone have a workable solution that is not a felony?

The full phrase is "one bad apple spoils the bunch". In other words, ALL of the apples become spoiled if you allow the one bad apple to remain. It doesn't mean that just one apple is bad and that it's a statistical anomaly and that the rest of the apples will be just fine.

When you allow bad behavior to persist, it becomes embedded in the environment's culture and with each successive group it becomes harder and harder to eradicate.

(This is not just a colloquialism, by the way. Leaving a rotten apple in with a bushel of good apples really does cause them all to spoil.)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The full phrase is "one bad apple spoils the bunch". In other words, ALL of the apples become spoiled if you allow the one bad apple to remain. It doesn't mean that just one apple is bad and that it's a statistical anomaly and that the rest of the apples will be just fine.

When you allow bad behavior to persist, it becomes embedded in the environment's culture and with each successive group it becomes harder and harder to eradicate.

(This is not just a colloquialism, by the way. Leaving a rotten apple in with a bushel of good apples really does cause them all to spoil.)

:+1:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Those injuries clearly are not incidental to attempts to restrain. And by God Mr. Landau had every right to resist. I despise the direction LE is heading in this country.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How about every time a victim gets a huge payout (like this guy's $795k) it comes out of the officer's collective salaries. If some officers want to beat the crap out of somebody, the entire force gets a percentage reduction in pay.

Just like basketball practice back in high school... if one person screwed up a drill, we all had to run laps as a team.

Top Bottom